Chapter 3

My strange life took another shift again as the sister location opened up a few weeks after our killer completely messed up the toy versions and forced the restaurant to be closed and this one to be opened. Scott was still working as the night guard despite the risks, though I had learned by now that no one got out of this job. Jeremy was back after his long recovery, staying in the day shift of course, and his one-day replacement before Scott stared the night shift, Fritz, was now on day shift as well after being fired and rehired. I had found the room I had felt drawn to boarded-up, my remains probably locked behind it along with who knew what else... Well, Scott might know but he had been around long enough not to speak about it.

By now I was certain my brother was dead, his body hidden somewhere to keep rotting just like my friends'. The dead eyed man would pay for what he'd done eventually, but as I watched the clock tick down to midnight I knew deep down there would be more innocent people suffering before that would ever happen. I could hear Scott in the office as he prepared for his shift; probably making sure the recorder was ready to record his instructions and tips for the next guard they hired... I didn't blame him... I wouldn't want to work here for one night; he had done this for weeks. A few before the other building had been closed and now almost a week here with just the old animatronics that had been restored and remodeled just enough to be a bit child friendly but nothing plastic looking.

"Fourth night here..." I sighed and glanced over at the stage where the animatronics were standing completely still, they would be starting to wander soon, making their way through the building and towards the security office... trying to murder Scott or whoever would be in there.

They were so creepy; I wasn't even sure why they were still here, let alone this building! I didn't want to be here and I knew they couldn't hurt me! Every night I hid somewhere they wouldn't see me just out of habit, the fear of them finding me or accidentally stumbling upon another attack sent waves of panic through my being. At least I didn't have to see Foxy very often, he seemed the most dangerous with his hook and long teeth, though the others could still cause bodily harm as well.

With nothing else to do I made my way to the spot outside the safe room before Scott could look at the cameras. He still hadn't seen me since the day I had first woken up in disorientation thinking I was still alive... I had been so stupid. If I thought back to that day I should've taken notice that my wounds were gone, or at least didn't hurt, even if I am just a child... a very dead and lost child. I slumped to the ground outside the boarded off area, there was another reason I liked it here other than the fact nothing would see or disturb me, it was like I could feel the pull of needing to get behind this blockade. At times it disturbed me, the need would become so great I would feel like I could compare my need to get in there to the animatronics' need to kill the security guards. I shuddered at the thought and stared at the ground, time to wait out the night.

It was nearly six a.m. when the usual screeches of the animatronics were paired with an agonized scream. I jumped up, shaking a bit as I heard Scott loudly fight to get away from the robotic menaces. Footsteps staggered my way and I moved farther into the shadows as Scott's bleeding form came into view... the animatronics not too far behind him as they watched their prey desperately try to get away. Of course he wouldn't be able to, and the animatronics knew that. I shuddered as Golden Freddy appeared behind me and walked past, glancing at me as if to tell me to stay out of the murder about to take place, before striking out at Scott with a loud screech.

"S-Scott?" I shivered as all the animatronics worked to utterly destroy the man, ripping at his skin and clothing as he struggled in vain to break free while being dragged to a storage room backstage... where they kept the spare parts and suits. "No, Scott! Stop!"

"They can't..." A voice laughed near my ear but when I turned I didn't see anything there, the spirit already gone.

I covered my ears to block out the straggled screams and the tearing of flesh followed by the crunching of bones. But nothing could block out the sounds completely and despite screwing my eyes shut I could still picture everything that was happening in that other room... and then it all went silent. Like flipping a switch a bell chimed in the office room and light footsteps went back into the main room with the stage... silence followed. I felt my heart racing and my breathes were sharp as I finally lowered my hands and opened my eyes to see the dark hallway, in the main room there would be morning light coming in through the windows. A faint groan made me jump before I realized it had to be Scott, which made me rush into the backstage area despite the gut wrenching scene I knew would be waiting.

The stench of blood hit me first while my gaze took in the mess on the floor a second later. Scott's body was lying on the floor with his cheek on the ground and his eyes closed, his blood staining what remained of his body and all over the hard ground while a bit of a Freddy suit was around his legs... a failed attempt to stuff him into a suit before the six a.m. bell chimed. I felt sick as I looked at him and was about to leave, as I hated seeing this, but at that moment his eyes fluttered open and fixated on me, freezing my feet to the ground.

"W-Will..." His voice was ragged, his lungs filling with more blood than air. "A-are y-you... y-you here... A-am I... I d-dead?"

I couldn't find my voice but drew closer to the man who had been a friend to my brother, a real friend, not just one who had claimed to be. I felt his hand shakily reach out and brush against my arm, his wheezing breath catching slightly as he made solid contact, he probably thought he was already a spirit... not that he would be long much longer. I didn't move as his hand fell back to the ground limply and his lungs heaved, spraying blood, before growing still... his eyes glazed over moments later as blood trickled out of his mouth. I closed my eyes and bowed my head, he was dead, and soon it would be like Scott never existed. This cursed place would make sure of that... I hated this place... why did I have to be stuck here? I just wanted to be with my brother again! I just wanted to play with my friends! And most of all, I just wanted to be free from here!

I finally opened my eyes again and stood up, staring down almost numbly at the cold corpse in front of me. I was too young, much too young to see the things I've seen. "Goodbye Scott..."

With my head still lowered I walked out of the room and back to my usual place to hide while I waited for customers to show up. Today was my friend Jeremy's turn to open this place up, a bit fitting, but tragic. Jeremy had found Scott to be a great mentor when he had been a night guard and a bit of a friend after his recovery... now he was going to find Scott's body. I collapsed next to the wall of the boarded up room and slumped against it, my eyes dull in grief... I gave a sigh before curling up in a fetal position; all I could do was wait and watch...