Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own anything all rights belong to Richelle Mead

Chapter 1: Prologue
I see you

Summary

Rose Hathaway, an unpopular 17 year old girl who is bullied beaten and made to feel like she is nothing. Singing is Rosie's s way of dealing with her life and the pain within that. All she has ever wanted is to be seen and accepted for who she is. What happens when the local high school heart throb Dimitri Belikov starts to notice Rose and Un intentionally falls for her?

An all human story !

Prologue

Rose point of view

"Geek"

"Freak"

These, are just some of the names I get called on a daily bases. My Name is Rosemarie Hathaway and I am nothing, I have no friends and what families I have left treat me like a real life Cinderella.

Only this has no happy ending. All I want is for someone to see me for who am I but what I want never happens. My mom died last year in a car crash taking me to a singing audition. Tears, spring to my eyes as I remember that fateful day, god I miss her so much.

Nobody sees that I am in pain, being a target for the bullies and my family. Leaves me with no confidence, I used to sing all the time before my mom died.

I only sing at my Meadow as I like call it here, Mom and I used to come here a lot before she died, we just used to sit here and talk for ages. The meadow is where I scattered her ashes; I come here every day after school and just sing. The pain I suffer, goes and it's like she is here with me.

Never, in my dreams would I expect to meet Dimitri Belikov, here the high schools heart throb . Looking in into those wonderful brown eyes of his that he would be my salvation.

Maybe,someone sees me after all?