Chapter 12

Abe

How time has passed these last 8 months. Here I find myself in New York. Thinking off how I have messed up, after the charges against me were dropped. For Mistreating Rose although I never hurt Rose, I admit I was not very nice to her.

That doesn't excuse or condone my behaviour, I should have been more involved instead of being ignorant. Towards how my current wife Ellen was treating her, my once confident daughter with the big fiery personality.

Was now broken, beaten and grieving for her mother and what did I do?

Nothing, but focusing my anger on how Janine died and how Janine was convinced that Rose had a talent for singing. Nevertheless, the more Janine spent trying to get someone to notice Rose, the more jealous I became of Rose and the attention she was getting.

When Rose finally got a place at st Vlad's performing are school, Janine and I had started arguing a lot because I thought it a stupid idea.

Nobody really makes it with a singing career, Rose was better off studying and making her grades and getting a degree.

Therefore, I decided to leave both Rose and Janine and start a new life for myself. Which is when I met Ellen and Carly.

However, on the day that I walked out, I really hoped that Janine would convince me to stay but that never happened. Janine stood in the hallway of our home, with her arms folded and said nothing. Her eyes blazing like fire. As I walked out the door and never looked back.

A few months later Ellen and I married. Carly was the same age as Rose and was the complete opposite to Rose.

Time went so quickly, days turned into weeks, week's turned into months. Those months turned into 3 years.

Janine never contacted me and I hadn't seen neither Rose nor Janine since the day I walked out.

Ellen, over time became more like a friend rather than a wife, Carly was a nice girl but seemed her mother's approval for everything. To be honest it drove me nuts.

Ellen seemed happy and played the role of the dutiful wife very well. Although I had my reservations as to whether she loved me or rather married me for my money.

As people fear the name Mazur. Being that the name its self-commands respect and power.

Power is something that Ellen seemed to always have and it's what she always wanted.

Up until last year I thought my life was good until I received the phone call that would change my life forever.

Flashback

January 3rd 2015

Sitting at my desk, drinking my coffee, thinking about the fight Ellen and I had over the Christmas break about me moving my business from New York to home. This is where my father and his father built the family business. So this is where my business is staying.

Drinking the last off my coffee, I picked the newspaper when my phone rang.

Picking it up and paring to give whoever it was a piece of my mind.

I never got the chance as the person started speaking before I could utter a word.

"Mr Mazur, my name is Officer Tanner, I am calling on behalf of Lexington state police. I need you to come to police station as this is a matter of urgency it's about your partner."

"I'm sorry Officer but I am in New York. Whatever it is you will have to tell me over the phone"

"Sir, I am well aware that you are in New York, as I am, as this is where I am based. I was contacted by the Lexington police department"

I cut him off I was in no mood to hear about what Ellen had done.

"Look Officer Tanner please just get to the point, I really am not in the mood to hear about what my wife has done or said."

Officer Tanner sighed, I think he was becoming irritated with me.

"Mr Mazur I am not talking about you're former partner, not you're wife. I really need you to come to the station is regarding Janine Hathaway."

"I will be there as quickly as possible" I said hanging up the phone."

My gut instinct was telling me what I already knew Janine was dead. Still I made my way out of the office to the police station.

End of flashback

Things, didn't get better when Rose came to live with us. Ellen made sure that she suffered. All I did was to begin working away from home. Which, left me being away from home more than usual, I just couldn't bear to look at Rose without seeing Janine.

I spent so long being angry at Rose when in turn I am angry with myself.

If I hadn't not been so headstrong and picked up the phone, just maybe things may have been different.

I let myself create this fake family and become a father to a child who is not my own.

Rose, needed me the most and still does, I intend to try and make things right with her.

Picking up my mail from my assistant, I noticed an envelope that didn't seem like business correspondence.

Opening, the envelope there was an invitation and a hand written letter. It was from Olena Belikov Rose's current guardian. I knew who Olena was as she was a friend of Janine's or something. It looks like there having a surprise party for Rose. It was in a couple of days, I placed the invite down on my desk.

I then pulled the letter out and started reading it.

It seems that I am going to be able to make a start in mending my relationship with Rose. Also, I think it's time to get divorce.

Nothing is more important than mending my relationship with Rose. For this has to happen Ellen needs to be gone from my life completely. As, for Carly she is where she needs to be and has other family to take care of her.

My job now is to be a real dad to my daughter that needs me.