Chapter 4: The Sharingan!

The next day after the customary D ranked mission Kakashi talked to the team about the art of subterfuge. "Never reveal your strength to the greater shinobi world, let people underestimate you."

Naruto scowled, "But I want to be Hokage, if I hide my strength no one will respect me!"

"You have a long way to go before you can become Hokage Naruto. For now follow my orders, do not display what you are truly capable of," Kakashi ordered. "That also means you Sasuke. You have a reputation for being a genius and were the rookie of the year. So I want you to fix this perception."

Sasuke looked stunned, "What do you mean?"

"It's simple Sasuke," Kakashi explained. "I want you to pick a fight with Choji at the restaurant they like to eat out at after training."

"But I'll defeat him easily, I beat him at the academy and since then I've only gotten stronger."

Kakashi gave him an eye smile, "That's why you'll throw the fight; let him defeat you in front of everyone."

Sasuke scowled he understood the purpose of hiding your strength but it gnawed at him. He was an Uchiha he had his clan pride to think of.

Kakashi eyed the young heir, "It won't be forever but for now its best if everyone thinks this team is trash."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes, "Hnn." Sasuke thought about it and considered that this might be another of Kakashi's little tests that he threw their way. Thinking about it rationally what was a little humility compared to what Itachi had done to him. If this little farce would cause him to stay in the good graces of his sensei and allow him to progress in his training, then so be it. "Fine but it's going to be hard to look that bad."

The group went to Choji's favorite barbeque spot. Before they went in Kakashi said, "I consider this your first test on subterfuge, if you fail I promise you no C ranked missions for a month."

The team shuddered at the thought of even more D rank missions. Even with Naruto's clones they still were incredibly boring and frustrating to deal with. They walked in doing their best to act normal.

Ino was the first to spot them. "Hey! Look everyone my Sasuke-kun came to visit me!" The young blonde jumped up to give Sasuke a hug. Sasuke stepped away and snarled, "I did not come here to see you. You're a pathetic fan girl on a pathetic team. Between the laziest ninja and the biggest fat ass in Konoha I'm surprised you can even succeed on D rank missions. Stay away from me."

Choji slammed his hands on the table and growled out, "What did you call me?" Kakashi shouted out harshly, "Sasuke, apologize right now." Sasuke grimaced and walked over to the now standing larger boy. "Sorry... fatty." Choji saw red and swung at Sasuke. Sasuke ducked and struck out with a slower than normal kick, Choji easily grabbed the leg and pulled Sasuke hard sending him careening to the ground.

Choji jumped up and then body slammed his weight onto Sasuke. Sasuke could have rolled but he was here to lose at his sensei's instructions. Instead he made his eyes un-focus to make it look like he was stunned when he hit the floor. Sasuke regretted not moving when the crushing weight knocked the wind out of his lungs completely. Choji pounded Sasuke before Kakashi and Asuma quickly pulled him off the boy.

"Don't you ever call me fat! I don't care who you are!"

The entire restaurant was shocked. The Uchiha heir had just been beaten by Choji! Granted Choji wasn't bad for a shinobi but he was middle of the road as far as genins were concerned. Kakashi apologized to Choji and would make sure his student was properly disciplined for his rude behavior. Sasuke was bleeding from the mouth and a rib ached but he was able to stager out under his own volition.