Chapter Four

Third Person POV

The trial was without a doubt a farce. Freddy sat chained to a chair behind a glass partition, smirking as Reva confidently took the stand and told her story. She was then asked to show the claw marks he put on her back. Several of the Jury members gasped at the sight but it would get far worse when the prosecution produced pictures of a dozen mutilated children. Tears were flowing and one woman in the audience raced out due to her delicate condition. The courtroom had dropped a dead silence when Krueger began laughing about the woman who ran out.
Just as it looked as if everything had gone off without a hitch, the defense cited that the search warrant had been signed in the wrong place and all the evidence was inadmissible! The judge called a ten minute recess to examine the document. Freddy smiled as the judge came back, the defense attorney was correct. The warrant was invalid and the trial was declared a mistrial. Freddy was released much to the consternation of the families in the room. He had been threatened by various people as he made his way out with a police escort. Reva's family were incredulous. He dared to stop by Reva and attempted to kiss her forehead when her father yanked her to him and pushed Krueger out of the way, "You bastard! You don't get to touch her! Come near her and I'll rip your dick off and feed it to you!". Reva wasn't afraid of him. She just eyed him as he walked away a free man. He turned, doffed his hat and smiled. Freddy would meet his end late that night much to the frustration of the police force.

That night, Walter Calder packed a few bags, they drove to Florida, eventually selling their Springwood home, having their belongings packed professionally and hauled to Daytona. They would never set foot in Springwood again. Reva finished her senior year even managing to graduate in the top ten of her class. Before finally graduating, she joined the Navy. She wanted a means to travel throughout the world and this was it. Reva left for boot camp in Orlando three months after graduation and started her life. It was after her trade school and being stationed in Guam that she'd meet the love of her life. Edward Casson would prove to be her light in an otherwise dark world.