Chapter Five

1993-94
Guam.

Reva arrived aboard her duty station, tired and worn out. But thankful she arrived safely. It was there she met Storekeeper First Class Edward Marcus Casson. His beautiful blues and delightful demeanor made Reva happy to know not every man is like Freddy. What did strike her as odd was how closely they resembled one another. Same curly blonde hair, eyes and even their faces but it was Edward's kindness and friendly attitude that made all the difference. She'd noticed more than once when they worked alone together or with a group he was always looking out for his CO workers, especially her. He worked up the nerve a few months later to ask her on a date.

"Reva, would you, um, go out with me? We could go have dinner somewhere.", he looked so cute trying to ask. Just on merits alone she agreed. Edward almost had to ask again to make sure she wasn't kidding. " When? We're supposed to be getting underway in a few days.", referring to their journey to Japan. "I'm free tonight. I noticed the duty schedule has you down for watch tomorrow. How about it?". " Sure. What time?", she felt her stomach do flips as he stated six thirty. They ended up eating at Outback and catching a movie. Edward even went so far as to hold her hand. Reva's internal alarm should have gone off telling her that this was a man and he was touching her but her mind told the alarm to shut it! She wasn't going to play victim and hide behind reasons not to move on.

From that point on wherever Reva was there was Edward not too far away. Or vice versa. He declared his feelings for her after their first deployment together. Edward had been privy to what she'd gone through as a teenager and he respected that, knowing that she'll tell him how she feels when she was ready. Japan became a special place for them in the coming weeks. When they had taken a day trip to Tokyo she finally told him how she felt. Edward smiled at her, lifted her chin up and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. He caressed her cheek and pulled her close. Reva wrapped her arms around his waist and squeezed. "Reva, I'm glad to know you trust me. I just want you to know, you're the only woman to give me the time of day.", he admitted. " No! Why? You're the nicest guy I know.", Reva found that highly unlikely but if those other idiots can't see what a fascinating guy he was then too bad for them. She made a conscious choice to keep this man. "They think I'm too much of a dork.", he laughed. " Well, too bad for them. If you're a dork, then you'll be my dork. So blah on them!", the way she called him hers made Edward tighten in his jeans. He almost hit the guy behind him getting up. He excused himself to use the bathroom. Reva giggled as she watched him wander off. Once in the bathroom, he had to readjust himself. He'd been doing that lately, and she was such a beautiful young woman willingly spending time with him. Edward had never been so sexually frustrated in his life until he met Reva. As his mother would say, she's a keeper. He already knew he wanted her for his own. They'd been together long enough, almost a year for him to know Reva was the absolute love of his life. He left the bathroom and walked back to the table.

Two weeks later, Edward purchased a diamond solitaire, engagement ring and made arrangements with their division head to have the day off. He wrote up two leave papers for him and Reva, making her sign it, saying they were going on a tour of the Japan National Park around Mt. Fuji. Just being there made Reva sigh in contentment. Here she was in a beautiful place with a caring and gracious man, enjoying the lovely summer day. He stopped her on a small bridge over a koi pond and knelt down. "Reva, I love you so much. Would you marry me?", he swallowed hard. Reva had to do a double take when she heard the question. " What? You really mean it?", she was shaking. "Yes. I never want to be without you. Reva, you told about your past, I don't care! It doesn't change how I feel. I want you as my wife.", he pulled a gold engagement ring from his jeans pocket and held it up. Reva nodded clearly unable to speak. Edward stood, slipped the ring on her finger and grabbed her in his arms, kissing her thoroughly. " Edward, I love you too. Thank you for not judging. So what do we do now?", Reva asked.

The wedding was set and ready. They decided against a big wedding and settled for getting married by the Justice of the Peace at the courthouse. But a little set back almost stalled the plans. Things fell into motion after that. The wedding went well but Edward was anticipating the honeymoon. They were given a couple of days but he didn't mind as long as they were together. He'd rented a small cottage by the sea owned by a Chamoran friend of his. "Wait. I've always wanted to do this.", he picked her up in typical bridal fashion and carried her over the threshold. Reva giggled as he unceremoniously dropped her on the bed. " Goof!", she pulled him as she landed on the bed. Edward almost fell off the bed in the process making Reva laugh,"Are you okay?" Edward had caught himself before he face planted on the cement floor. "Yeah. Old, getting too old for this.", he said pushing himself up. " Don't think so.", Reva grabbed the front of his dress shirt and pulled him over her. Wrapping both arms around his neck she drew him in for a kiss. Reva felt a twinge of anxiety at what was to come but forced it down. There was no way she was going to let that bastard win on any level. She was determined to see this through with a light heart and give her all to this wonderful man.