Learning to be Beautiful ~8~

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please?”

“No.”

“Oh, come on, Gav! It’s just a party!” I pleaded, hanging onto the boy’s arm and begging him with my best puppy-eyes.

“Do that puppy-face for as long as you want, Aislyn, I’m not going to that stupid party.” Gavin wrenched his arm out of my grasp and walked into his apartment’s small kitchen and pulled the refrigerator open.

“But why not?” I whined, following him into the tiny room and perching myself atop one of his counter-tops.

“Shall I list the reasons alphabetically or in order of importance?” He turned to fix his brown-eyed gaze at me from over the refrigerator door and I took that as the perfect opportunity to pout at him.

“It’s not going to be that bad.” I said, swinging my legs so that my heels beat against his cabinets in a steady rhythm, “Besides, you owe me one for ditching me yesterday.”

Gavin’s nose wrinkled as he pulled out some orange juice as I reminded him of that small fact. “And you’re having me pay up on a party for models?”

“Well, yeah.” I leapt off of the counter-top and grabbed two glasses, one for him and one for myself, and set them down on the spot I had just vacated. “I mean, if you don’t come, I’ll be stuck at a party with a bunch of stuck up, snooty people and you’ll be sitting here in your apartment watching mindless T.V. shows or playing video games.”

“Sounds awesome, right? Much better than going to some party with a bunch of models.” His face scrunched up at the last word and I almost chuckled at his expression.

“There’s going to be fo-od!” I bribed in a sing-song voice.

After taking a sip of his OJ, he looked at me over condescendingly, “Did you just try to bribe me with food?”

“Why yes, yes I did.”  I confirmed, sitting up a little a straighter from my position leaning against his kitchen sink. “Did it work?”

Gavin snorted, “No. Food isn’t the most important part of my life.”

I rolled my eyes in disbelief, “And Lily Palmin isn’t my mother.”

He shook his head and sighed through his nose, “How long do I have to stay?”

I perked up and scooted closer to him, “You mean you’re going?”

“I guess,” he admitted grudgingly.

“Yay!” I squealed as I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his middle and hugging him tightly to myself. “You’re the best, Gav!”