CHAPTER 32 - Without Her

It was just like any other day...

"I'm serious", Namee insisted. "Homework should be abolished. Students should be spending quality time with their families instead of stressing over their homework. We are already spending our entire day in school, and they still want us to spend our night time to think over the lessons? Hah! Just imagine how many papers will be saved if homework is abolished."

"Spending quality time with your family or spending quality time online, browsing the internet?" Bullet argued.

"Browsing the internet is not a bad thing. I learn so much from it than homeworks! They should actually make use of the students' interest in the internet to make the lessons less boring."

"You have a very disturbing mind, Namee."

"Genius is the right word."

"I'm assuming your hatred for homework has been activated when Professor Century Egg gave you a ton of homework after he caught you texting in class."

"UGH! Please don't remind me of him", Namee grimaced. "The room where he teaches that subject is like trapped in a time warp. Everything moves in slow motion. His boring lesson bends time and space, I tell you. I looked at one of my classmates and I thought I saw a mushroom growing in his face! People are decaying in front of him, that's how boring he is!"

"Right, right", Bullet chuckled at his friend's exaggeration. He just let her rant since there was no stopping Namee when she was in her element.

"And don't even get me started with his outfit! He always wear the same thing – brown slacks, leather belt that looks like it has been made one hundred years ago using human skin, brown knitted sweater and a white pointy beanie that makes him look like a walking condom!"

"I can feel your hate for him, Namee. But you seriously need to finish the homework he gave you because he's quite popular for flunking a lot of students, especially those who are gang members. He's known as the gang slayer around here", Bullet grinned.

"Gang slayer?" Namee scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Have you seen him recently? If a mosquito bites him, he might die of blood loss."

"The point is – do your homework."

"Homework should be abolished! Right, Dara? Dara, pay attention! This is so significant!"

"I'm listening. It's hard not to hear you when you're beside me. With your loud voice, half of InterSAT already know about your new sinister goal", Dara said as they walked along the hallway with Namee in between her and Bullet.

"You've been very quiet, I thought you're not listening. Anyway..." Namee waved her pen with a fluffy top, which Dara was able to dodge. "As I was saying, professors should stop giving homework. They should give us the liberty to spend our night time however we want instead of forcing us to deal with a pile of paperwork. Opinions?" She wiggled the pen's fluffy top between Bullet and Dara, urging them to talk.

"That's ridiculous", Bullet commented. "Will you get that fluffy shit away from my face!"

"It's not ridiculous!"

"You're not respecting our opinion. This is tyranny."

"I respect your opinion, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it. You disagreed with my opinion, and I also disagreed with your opinion", she said in a business-like tone.

"You're living in a society where there are homeworks. Deal with it."

"You know what? I better build my own country and implement my ideas."