CHAPTER 24 - Ice Lord's Girl

The excited murmurs of InterSAT students filled the school. The news about Ice Lord's girl spread like wildfire. There were always speculations before that he was involved with either Dara or Riko, yet nothing had been confirmed. But after almost everyone witnessed Ice Lord and Dara holding hands and kissing, their question had been answered and the fangirls' dreams had been crushed.

Dara gave another lopsided smile as a random student whom she didn't know waved at her. Some of the girls, on the other hand, who were huddled at the corner of the hallway, were eyeing her with contempt. She sighed and hung her head low, thinking that the mixed reaction of students would take a lot of getting used to. When she decided to give that punishment to Jiro and let everyone see that they were involved, she didn't imagine it would explode in epic proportions.

"You gained a lot of friends and you gained a lot of enemies. But don't worry, they won't touch you", Namee said as they reached their lockers.

"I don't even know half of them", she replied in frustration.

"It's not easy being tagged as Ice Lord's girl."

"I'm beginning to regret it. I can't function with all these eyes focused on me. I knew I'd kiss my peaceful student life goodbye, but I didn't expect it to be this bad."

"What is so bad about this? Girls who are aiming for Montecillo, like Riko for example, will now be discouraged", Namee mused.

Dara closed her locker while heaving a deep sigh. "You'll be disappointed, Namee. I don't think the girls will be discouraged to go after him. And Riko is a special case. He's helping her because she helped him. Besides, I still can't act normal in front of Jiro. He's too intimidating at school."

"Forget about Riko. Girl of the past has no chance with the girl of the present. And can you stop acting meek in front of Montecillo? You're a disgrace to the female flag", Namee shot back. "Just act like how you did yesterday. Hold hands with him! Kiss him!"

Dara did not respond, making Namee frown. She could tell Jiro had the upper hand between the two. He got her friend wrapped in his hand, which she couldn't accept. They should be at least in equal footing!

"I have to go", Dara said, shutting her locker close. "I'll see you later."

Namee watched as her friend walked away, a number of students stopping her on her tracks to talk about Ice Lord.

"Namee", Picaro's voice entered her ears. She turned around and a smile immediately broke on her face when she was welcomed by the deep eyes of the future father of her kids (wheee!!).

"Hi Picaro!"

"This is what you chose from the pictures of the doodles I sent you, right?" He asked, giving her a piece of paper with drawing in it.

"Yes, thank you", she said appreciatively and carefully placed the paper inside her locker.

"Ice Lord is coming!"

"Isn't that the Bridge Rose girl?"

"Wait. How come he's not even greeting her? I thought the two are together?"

A round of murmurs was heard and Namee and Picaro turned their attention to the subject of the stundents' gossips. They saw Jiro walking past Dara without even glancing at her, and the girl did the same – scurrying away like her ass was on fire.

"What the hell?" Namee murmured. "Why is your leader acting like that?"

"Like what?" He asked, leaning his back against the lockers and crossing his arms over his chest.

"He's ignoring Dara."

"Even if he's not showing it in public, it doesn't mean he cares for her less."