"Snap out of it!"

There's no way I'm special. Me, out of everyone. For all I know, I'm a normal teenage girl. I sit up in my bed and stay with my thoughts.

The next morning, I woke up at my usual time, dawn. The sun was rising it was just the most beautiful sight, plus we're on the beach so even better. I got up and did an exchange of clothes to go out for a run. I jogged out of my room and right into someone else.

"I am so sorry!" I exclaimed. I'm always too clumsy, the floor and I just can't stay apart. I fall back on my bottom with an oomph.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. I'm really sorry." I looked up fiddling with my fingers.my own green eyes met with a pair of sea green eyes. My heart started to pound faster. His features were just out of this world. His eyes peered into my mind. I shook my head to get out of it. Julian smiled at me.

"Why are you awake this early Ms. Carstairs?" He asked me, offering his hand.

I took it and said, "My inner alarm clock rang." I stood up with a shrug of innocence. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"On my morning run, like usual, before the kids wake up." I nod my head to his response. "Me too." I said. I picked up my phone from the floor and stuffed it into my Velcro sleeve. We walked together in silence. It was a ecstatic morning. The sky was orange and the clouds turned pink making the ocean sparkle green. As soon as my feet hit that sand I was off to enjoy this scenery. Julian and I ran side by side along the shore enjoying the morning. When our run came to an end, we decided to slow into a walking pace.

"This is different for me." I said.

"How so?" Julian asked. " I'm used to... Well... I don't know but this is a lot to take in. Jem and Tessa just dropped me off at the front steps and bolted. I'm having a hard time processing it." I said letting my green eyes pierce the side of his face.

"You'll fit right in. Don't worry, the worse thing is if you become another Emma." He chuckles and looks at me but my face was dead serious.

"No way you are another Emma!" My face then broke into a small timid grin while I looked down and the sand on my sneakers.

"We should probably head back." I said looking at the clock, 8:30 a.m. They should be awake by now, maybe. We walk back into the institute and up the stairs. Julian goes into his separate room while I go in mine. I strip my clothes and take a quick shower. When I got out, I dressed into a ripped pair of bleach skinny jeans and a random black t-shirt. I shrugged my phone into my back pocket and brushed out my heap of wet hair. As it started drying it started to go into it's natural spirals down my back. I sighed and walked out the door and started down the corridor when I walked past a room full of crying.
A child crying.
I creaked open the door into a dark baby blue room. The curtains were still pulled close and there was a single crib that laid into the middle of the room. I walked slowly, my combat boot suppressing a sound onto the wood floor, up to the crib. Inside was Tavvy Blackthorn. The youngest of the children yet another beautiful set of features. The little Blackthorn child set his eyes upon my own and started to hush. I reached my hand in timidly and held the baby's chubby arm. Tavvy seemed to have wanted to stretch and was wide awake now. I picked up the small child and held him close to my body, caressing his black hair. I whispered soft things into his ear before putting him down back to sleep in his little crib. I walked out of the room slowly, trying not to make a sound. I closed the door with a squeak and turned around to be met with black hair. Standing in front of me was 14 year old Ty Blackthorn.

"Hey Ty." I said softly. Ty looked in awe.

"He never sleeps, he's always crying his little brain out. I knew you were special." He mumbles the last part and turns his head away. I roll my eyes and mess up his hair. He makes his way down the stairs as I follow right behind.

My eyes can't make out what feast lays beyond me in the kitchen. A platter of eggs, bacon, toast, jams and jellys, pancakes, waffles. There was everything. I looked up from the table to see a disheveled Julian. He had batter everywhere and was wearing an apron meant for a woman. I snorted in laughter and he must have heard because he looked up at me. I started to think about Tessa's breakfasts. Something would always come out wrong and something would always come out as the best.

"Snap out of it, Emily!"

"What?"