The Coronation

Hi Guys!

A very happy 30th to Rob :) 

Miss @strawberryrobsten and all the rest of my wonderful readers, here's the next part. 

You guys are amazing, I love you all...muuuaahh.. xoxo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Edward's insistence, the coronation ceremony was not going to take place at the court but in the Great Hall, where people from all stations and segments were invited. Individuals from a mister to commoner all were present at the castle.

The hall was decorated with the best of silks and garlands of wild flowers. Candles were lit, making the place glow bright. The Queen had outdone herself. She was right; this night would be remembered for years to come, but not for the reasons she thought.

The Queen was sitting on the throne, looking elegant. Edward was standing on the raised platform in front of the crowd. His sister was on his right holding his arm in silent support. He could see Bella standing near the back of the Hall. He knew Alice would make sure she got here. Alice's fiancé was sitting with his sister at the front. He had agreed with Alice to wait to get married.

Bella could not help but feel pleased that she had come. Alice had been very insistent on having her presence at the ceremony. She could not help but feel proud of Edward. He looked regal and magnificent standing in front of his people. She always knew he would make a wonderful King.

The priest called upon the crowd to start with the ceremony. Edward moved forward and took his vows in front of all his subjects. The Queen placed the crown on his head to complete the ceremony.

"I hereby present unto you King Edward of Forkshire, your undoubted King. Wherefore all you who are come this day to do your homage and service, are you willing to do the same?" The Priest asked.

The people replied loudly and repeated, "God save King Edward."

The king sat on the throne, the crown shining on his head, looking regal and majestic holding his sword in his hand.

The chorus of God save King Edward could be heard throughout the hall.

Edward then stood and came forward to address his people. The crowd became silent. He commanded attention with just his posture.

Bella felt honored to be present at his coronation. He looked glorious.

"My loving people, I welcome and thank you all with immense joy for making your presence on this day." Edward smiled at his subjects.

"In the years that have gone by, the dreams and aspirations of all our people have been fulfilled beyond all expectations by the previous Kings of this land. I need your support and assistance to take forward the same tradition and perform the task." He took a deep breath and continued.

"I promise to provide you support in need and justice when wronged. I will perform all my duties with utmost sincerity and devotion. I will do good to make sure all my responsibilities towards my kingdom are accomplished. But I ask you all one thing in return."

A murmur went through the crowd.

Edward looked upon each of his subjects and said, "There was a reason I had you all invited in the Great hall instead of the court, where the coronation would have taken place only in front of my ministers and courtiers. I wanted all my people–all my subjects–as one, from the highest minister to the common man, without the differences of their stations."

Bella could not believe what he was saying. She always knew he was a kind man, but for him to say this. "Oh Edward," she sighed.

The Queen looked at Edward with suppressed anger in her eyes.

Sir Emmett was smirking. And Alice could not help but smile.

"My mother, the great Queen Esme," Edward turned and bowed his head towards her, "made sure to remind me of all my responsibilities towards you. As you know, the King of Forkshire needs to have his queen beside him within three months of taking to the throne."

Was he announcing his marriage to Princess Rosalie? Bella thought horrified. She could not stand here and listen to him tear her heart to pieces. Suddenly he was looking at her, and she froze where she was standing.

"So I ask you to help me find my Queen," Edward spoke.

Everyone in the hall was staring at the new King in stunned silence.

"I want my Queen to be the one among you. One who has been in your midst. "

"So I hereby declare a ball which will take place two days from now. I want every eligible Princess, Lady and Maid to make their presence. I will ask them three questions. These three questions will be about me, their King, and they will be released on the morrow and the maiden that answers all the three right will get the honor of becoming my wife and your queen." Edward smiled directly at Bella.

Cheers erupted in the Great Hall and the chorus of 'Long Live King Edward' was heard throughout the castle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. 

Leave me some love and let me know how it was.

~stz