My Queen

Hi everyone.

It makes me very happy that you've all loved my story very much. I read all your comments and make sure to reply as and when I can. For those I haven't - Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Meet me at the bottom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Edward! Stop pulling on your hair or you'll go bald," Emmett said, laughing at his friend's state.

Edward was nervous and excited at the same time. The ball was about to start in a few moments. People had already started gathering at the Great hall.

"Come on, Brother, everything is going to be fine," Alice said entering the room, Edward and Emmett had occupied.

"Princess." Emmett greeted Alice formally.

"Alice! I thought you were with Bella. What are you doing here? You should be with her making sure she gets here in time," Edward said agitatedly.

"Oh, Edward, calm yourself down. Bella will be here on time. Don't you worry. Now come on, you need to get to the ball. It's time."

Taking a deep breath, Edward made his way towards the Great hall with Alice at his side and Emmett following close behind.

The Great hall was decorated elegantly. Alice had done a wonderful job of transforming the Great hall. There was raised platform placed in the middle of the hall where about twenty musicians were playing their instruments in harmony. Hundreds of candles were lit and placed around the room strategically. There was moonlight shining brightly from the open windows of the castle.

It was a beautiful sight.

Hundreds of ladies were in attendance. Some were dancing with their partners, and many were seated, waiting for the questioning to begin.

Edward sighed looking at the sheer number of women present.

"You sure are a ladies' man, my friend." Sir Emmett laughed softly. Alice giggled.

"If I didn't love Bella so much..." Edward mumbled, making Emmett and Alice laugh loudly.

Edward moved towards the raised platform, and the music stopped playing. He welcomed everyone present at the ball and ordered one of his ministers to begin the questioning. The minister read the three questions aloud:

1. What is King Edward's favorite food?

2. Who is the one person that the King holds close to his heart other than his family?

3. What does the King hold most important above all in his life?"

Each eligible and willing maiden was to come forward and provide answers to the three questions.

And hence began the long evening of selecting the right queen for the King of Forkshire.

The King's favorite food is pigeon pie.

The King holds his sword most important.

The King loves his people more than family.

The King loves his treasures the most.

On and on it went while Edward kept on searching for Bella in the crowd.

"Alice, where is Bella? You said she would be here on time? Half the ladies have finished their answering," Edward whispered frantically.