1 - Ideas

A/N: The italics are the thoughts.

Chat had always wanted to know who Ladybug was, and still, he had never thought about who could be the person behind that mask. Whenever he questioned his options, he talked to Plagg, who didn't care about anything else but his cheese, so Adrien decided to talk to someone else. Someone he could trust, without telling that person his secret... Nino? No, he was a good guy and a good friend, but as Chat Noir they hadn't interacted much. Alya? She was so interested in Ladybug, she would ask him so many questions about her there would be no space for him to even utter a word, no.

There was one person left. He had seen how comfortable she was around Chat, she would help him, she would listen to him, she would be good company; a friend. He completely forgot about Ladybug and transformed to go to his princess.

###

"Hello Princess," said Chat once he was on Marinette's balcony, Marinette gasped.

"Hello Chat, what are you doing here?" asked Marinette, a little surprised. "I had a bad day and I wanted to see you," he lied with a shrug while Marinette was greeting him in.

"And why come to me?" she asked. "Because you always light up my day," he replied with a smirk, and was quick to notice that Marinette blushed.

"Don't you have things to do?"

"Nope, I'm free all day," he answered. Gosh, I have homework, she thought "Well, you can make me company while I do my homework," said Marinette, a smile on her face.

"Ok, and after we finish..." Chat trailed off. "We can do whatever you want kitty, as long as it doesn't involve going outside," said Marinette, her smile widening.

Marinette finished her homework in less than an hour, and Chat wanted to go outside, but Marinette didn't, so they stayed inside. They played videogames and boardgames. Chat felt amazing with her, she made him smile, and he was happy because Marinette was so comfortable with Chat, unlike Adrien who she seemed to be uncomfortable with.

Marinette showed Chat her doll of him. "You made it? It's amazing!" said Chat looking at the doll. Then his ring started flashing.

"Sorry Princess, but I have to go," he said, expression faltering.

"Don't worry, I understand," Marinette said dismissively.

Then Marinette's eyes widened. "Hey, I have an idea, let's meet here every day at 6," she proposed with a smile.

"Great idea princess! I'll see you tomorrow then," Chat cooed before kissing Marinette's hand and jumping away.

"Marinette, don't tell me you are falling for Chat," mocked Tikki as she came out of her hiding spot.

"Of course not! He is just a friend," exclaimed Marinette.

###

Chat got to his house and de-transformed. He gave Plagg a piece of camembert and lied down on his bed.

"Why am I doing this?" Adrien asked himself. "I have told you already, you want to know Ladybug's true identity! And this Marinette girl makes you forget about Ladybug" said Plagg, mouth already full of camembert.

"But how? There are more than a thousand girls that could be Ladybug!" cried Adrien. He knew that they had the same age, sort of... and he knew there were lots of girls that had dark hair and blue-bell eyes in all of Paris.

"I haven't told you something," said Plagg absentmindedly while he was eating his cheese. "I felt the presence of Ladybug's Kwami, Tikki, in your class, funny right?"

"Wait, WHAAAT?!" screamed Adrien. Ladybug turned out to be in his class... he nearly fainted.

"And why didn't you tell me earlier?" asked Adrien angrily seconds later.

"Because I'm not supposed to tell you," said Plagg, too focused on munching down his cheese to realize he was spilling the beans. "And do you know who she is?" said Adrien excitedly, ignoring the fact that his kwami was telling him something he wasn't supposed to.

"No," said Plagg, savoring the cheese as if he hadn't eaten in days.

"So how am I going to find out which one of them is Ladybug?" asked Adrien.

"Well, all the girls in your class have been akumatized, except Marinette," said Plagg, finally turning to Adrien now that he was done with his meal.

"You are right..."

Right then and there, Plagg realized his mistake and immediately panicked. "B-But I have to warn you, if you discover her true identity, she will have to give away her Miraculous, unless she wants to know your true identity, and Ladybug doesn't," lied Plagg, to make him forget about Ladybug. Plagg remembered, a bit late, that Tikki had told him not to say a word about what involved the identities some centuries ago.

Adrien started thinking; what if Marinette was Ladybug? But she couldn't be, he remembered that when Timebreaker was around, Marinette was next to him while Ladybug was also there so... no. Hold up. Weren't there two Ladybugs?

"Are you sure Plagg?" asked Adrien after a short while. "I'm just pulling your hair," said Plagg nervously.

They stayed silent as Adrien glared at his kwami.

"Now I want more cheese," Plagg spoke up. "Oh, so you're lying..." Adrien trailed off. "Then, I'll forget about it. Goodnight Plagg."

"But my cheese-"

"Goodnight Plagg," he repeated and went to sleep.

###

I hope you liked the first chapter of my Fic. The story is short, there are only 6 chapters... but I hope you like it anyways!