5 - Realization

"Marinette is..." Plagg couldn't finish his sentence and he said it so loudly that it woke up Tikki and Marinette.

"Tikki, stay there, I'm going down," muttered Marinette, and Tikki obeyed.

Marinette went down and saw Adrien in a shock. "Adrien, are you ok?" asked Marinette.

"I can't believe it," said Adrien without looking at Marinette; he pieced it together.

"You can't believe what?" asked Marinette, walking closer to Adrien. What was going on with him? She saw him act weird before, but not like this. Was he going to turn into a werewolf? It was midnight sooo... NAH. Maybe...?

"All this time, it was you," said Adrien, breaking her out of trance and got closer to her.

"A-Adrien wha-what a-are you do-doing?" stammered Marinette while walking backwards.

"You are her," whispered Adrien, and he cornered Marinette.

She was scared and embarrassed at the same time; she wanted to run away, but she wanted to kiss him all the same. He was likely hypnotized, maybe about to be akumatized. Or maybe he was delirious.

"A-Adrien... ple-please stop," she tried. "Yo-you said 'You are her', what do you mean?" she asked then, and she pushed Adrien away gently.

"You are her, you are Ladybug," he said finally, very convinced.

Marinette almost screamed. "What are you talking about I'm not Ladybug we are very different she is superheroine I am the daughter of a baker maybe we have some similarities but are not the same person you are crazy Adri-" Marinette stopped because she had no air left. When did he find out? How did he find out? She was going to keep denying it, if she could.

"Marinette, you look meowtiful when you blush," Adrien tried, looking at Marinette with judging eyes and a smirk. He had an idea, and he hoped it would work. The reaction was the important thing in that moment.

He was hoping that she would get mad at him like Ladybug, but instead of making her mad to reveal her identity, he made her CONFESS to it... and something else...
He accomplished his mission, sorth of. Marinette immediately grimaced at the pun.

"Adrien, I admit it, I am Ladybug," said Marinette looking down, Adrien showed a smile of satisfaction, but then she got closer to him. "But only one, I repeat, only ONE person in Paris would say that kind of sucky puns to Ladybug," said Marinette, now only inches away.

"And that person is Chat Noir," said Marinette confidently. Then she realized that she just had told someone that she was Ladybug, and that someone was Adrien. She also realized that she was 'accusing' Adrien of being Chat; was she crazy?! ((Hooray, her brain can brain.))

Adrien just uncovered himself trying to discover Ladybug, and he did. So, he should be happy, right?

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking... You couldn't possibly be-" said Marinette.

"Mari, you weren't wrong, I-I am Chat Noir..." said Adrien scratching the back of his head and blushing a little. So that was it. The reveal, not how Adrien had imagined it... but they did it, that's the important thing.

"WHA-" managed to say Marinette before being interrupted by Adrien. He put his finger on her lips.

"Don't scream, or your parents will hear us" said Adrien.

He made Marinette sit down on the couch. "Sorry," Marinette whispered.

So they talked about the 'Identity Reveal' and Marinette was uncomfortable in the beginning, but then she just accepted it. She was happy that Chat... Adrien knew her true feelings about him. The same with Adrien; he was happy to know that Ladybug was such a sweet girl like Marinette.

###

Sorry for not posting so long, but everyone knows how exams can be! One more chapter to go, thanks for reading!