4 - Looking For Clues

Adrien got out of the bathroom and saw that on Marinette's couch was a pillow and a coat. Adrien was excited and nervous of sleeping there; in another house, in another room, with someone. Luckily, Marinette and him wouldn't sleep together. If that had happened, it would have been weird.

"This is where you are going to sleep, I know it isn't as big as you are used to, but-" said Marinette before being interrupted by Adrien.

"It is perfect Marinette, I'm going to sleep like a bear in winter," said Adrien while he was sitting down on his improvised bed. Marinette seemed to be acting normal around him, that's good, right?

"I'm happy you like it," she smiled while going to her bed. "Are you ready?".

"Yes, you can turn it off" he said, putting himself comfortable on the chaise. "Goodnight Mari," said Adrien and he closed his eyes. Marinette blushed a little.

"Goodnight Adrien," she mumbled, turning off the light and closing her eyes.

"Mari, can you believe it? Adrien is sleeping in your house!" muttered Tikki. "No, I can't believe it, but now we have to sleep," Marinette muttered back.

"Ok, and I'll hide, just in case," whispered Tikki and hid somewhere.

"Good idea," Marinette whispered with her eyes closed.

"Goodnight Tikki." 

"Goodnight Mari," muttered the red Kwami.

###

It was midnight and Marinette was sleeping heavily. Adrien woke up.

"Right, now let's start the investigation," muttered Adrien to Plagg while getting off the couch.

"Can you give me some cheese? Or I won't help you," muttered Plagg.

"I'll give you cheese after you help," muttered Adrien. Plagg groaned. "An entire roll," Adrien added, and that sealed the deal.

Adrien's plan was looking everywhere in the room for clues that could pinpoint Marinette being Ladybug, but he didn't find anything. He looked under her couch, behind her desk, in her cases, he even looked in the bin; nothing. He found nothing.

Then he realized that he had not searched Marinette's bed and everything near it, yet. But he had to be extra careful, or he would wake up Marinette and everything would turn weird, very weird.

"Plagg," he whispered.

"What?" whispered Plagg. "I need you to investigate Marinette's bed," muttered Adrien. The kwami frowned in confusion. "Cheese," Adrien said simply. "Ok," obeyed Plagg.

Plagg flew towards the bed and started looking for something suspicious. Even though it was dark, Plagg was a cat... sort of, he had night vision, which helped him a lot when it came to looking for something.

Then he felt the presence of a kwami near him. Despite his bad luck, he easily followed the essence of the kwami and... EUREKA!

He found Tikki well hidden, sleeping. He was about to tell Adrien, when he doubted...

Should he tell Adrien? Maybe it was better if he didn't.

He was flying towards Adrien to tell him that he didn't find anything, he was going to lie.

He stopped thinking about the safety of not telling the truth, at least in this case, and started thinking about his stomach. Adrien had been neglecting him his extra cheese a lot lately.

So Plagg flew very fast towards Adrien and said "Adrien, you won't believe this! Marinette is..."

###

Sorry that this chapter was shorter, but I can't add more details 😑. Also, sorry for that Cliff Hanger... but whatever, I hope that you are liking the story till now (my first Fic, wow!), I'll continue as soon as I can. See ya on the next chapter!!!