Wrong Place Wrong Time Confessions Chapter 17

Confessions

Chapter 17

Wrong Place Wrong Time

I felt like a deer caught in someone’s high beams. I couldn’t move or speak, all I could do was stare into those ice blue eyes. My mouth was probably hanging open for all I knew. I didn’t even realize my voice had returned to me until I had spoken.

“Cole.”

“Yeah, who the hell else would I be? Oh, that’s right I might be Spence.”

His voice was dripping with venom and hatred. The worst part was beyond all of that I could still see a deep hurt shining in those perfect ice blue eyes. In that moment I hated myself more than I already did. I felt tears start to sting the back of my eyelids. I couldn’t handle another person hating me. I don’t know where I got the strength but I turned and ran from the room like my life depended on it.

I didn’t stop running until I made it to my car. I felt my pockets looking for my keys before I remembered they were in my book bag back at the library with Cole. I couldn’t go back there, I couldn’t face him. I had hurt him so bad, even if he didn’t say it I knew. I couldn’t even use my old excuse of he was already cheating on you to make myself feel better. His cheating didn’t change the fact that I had been a deceitful lying bitch to him.

I slumped down onto my but and started crying. I should have known better than to do it in public but I couldn’t stop myself. I don’t know how long I had been crying but a very familiar and much hated voice interrupted my tears.

“Awe, poor baby. Does the baby need her mommy? Oh, that’s right I forgot her mommy’s dead.”

This was followed by giggles and I looked up to see Stace and Spence along with their group of cronies. It was one thing for Stace to spread rumors about me and to talk about me but to bring my mom into it, that was a mistake. I felt my hands ball up into fists. I was going to give her a taste of her own medicine. I slowly rose to my feet getting ready to knock that smug taunting smile off her face but a single whispered word stopped me.

“Forgiveness.”

I knew no one else heard it they couldn’t have. It was my mom who had spoken it. That one word made me remember that no matter what anyone said or did, I couldn’t be like them no matter how much I wanted to. There were more important things at stake, more important than her childishness. I did the only thing I could I turned to walk away.

“Hey Cat, Do you know what matricide is?” Spence questioned smirking at me.

I didn’t answer, I was going to ignore his little barb.

“It’s when someone kills their mother. I guess that would make you matricidal.”

Everyone of them burst out laughing at that. I didn’t happen to think it was funny. I couldn’t stop myself nothing could have I turned and flung myself on him hitting anywhere I could. I felt hands go around me trying to pull me off of him but in all my anger it would have taken an army to accomplish that one small task.

I kept hitting him until I felt that burning sensation on my wrist. I jerked myself away and looked down at Spence. His lip was bleeding at least I had gotten in a few good licks.

Everyone was staring at me like I was a lunatic but, hey, may be I was. I mean it’s not everyday people go to hell and talk to fallen angels and their dead mothers. I managed to scramble back from the crowd when I felt a sharp slap to my cheek. Stace had hit me and my wrist was still burning. I had to get away from her before I did something that would breach the contract and dam my mother, my child and myself.