7- Lock Pick

7- Lock Pick

Kaz

Kaz flicked his head from left to right. The machine-like guard had knocked him out because he was 'causing too much trouble.' Kaz decided it was best not to argue with the warrior- he was tall, muscled, white-haired and had an odd, old smell to him- like stone ruins or bones. He had tattoos running up his right arm and across half his face. Kaz wasn't intimidated, of course. He was just put out by his lack of cane and Wraith. He'd faced worse, but was used to different settings and, well, humans.

He was pretty sure they weren't human, by this point.

So as he was dragged away from the courtroom and Inej and the stupid, pointy-eared queen, he had been knocked unconscious; only to wake up in an even darker, smaller room.

He awoke suddenly, thankfully not feeling drowsy. He was in a cell, he deduced from quick observations. Kaz touched a hand to the back pocket on his left leg and then to the lining of his coat's collar.Two picks- Inej's hair pin and the spare he always carried. But where the hell were they?

It shouldn't have taken so long- Kaz put it down to his eyes adjusting to the dark- but it was only then that he noticed another male sitting across from him. Red hair, light, but tanned skin. "Lucien." He coughed out as a greeting.

Kaz was in a foul mood- running into another world; being held captives by non-humans and then being parted from his cane did do that to him. Regardless, he still put up a cocky front: "And what humungous crimes have you committed to land yourself in this fine accommodation?"

"Treason, apparently." He coughed some more. "I don't know who against." He looked up at Kaz, who was now standing in front of the man, giving him a clear view of what seemed to be a mechanical eye. "Brothers are pricks," Lucien added.

Kaz hummed in seeming agreement. "Where are we?"

"You shouldn't be alive, human."

"Yes, but where are we?"

"She never lets them live." Kaz was getting increasingly annoyed at this half-wit until he continued. "You're Under The Mountain and trust me when I say that not somewhere you want to be."

"I very rarely find I'm somewhere I would like to be so it's not all that extraordinary, you'll find. However, how do we get out?"

"You don't get out, human."

"Have you a problem with our kind, O-magic-one? What are you, if it's so special?"

"You're not from under the wall then? We are Fae and Faeries and every other myth and fairytale you've ever heard."

"Ah, but what if my fairytales were full of monsters and murders. So what does that make you?"

Lucien looked at him as if he was finally seeing him, in a way Kaz was used to be looked at. Dirtyhands doesn't sleep. Kaz repeated himself from before: "How do we get out?"

"Who's we?"

"Not you. This is not a prince charming type of fairytale and I'm not your hero."

The red head lowered. He stared straight at the floor in front of him and started to speak, sounding like he was reciting words from a play: "Under The Mountain is a land-locked, desolate area. No seasons or regular times, only Under. Therefore, you are under a mountain once sacred to the Fae. She has marred it for her own pillaging. She will not be defeated." He sighed. "This cell: the locks move only when commanded by magic; there is only one guard, Rowan, but he is enough. He is a warrior older than the mountain itself." Lucien looked backwards, towards the bars as if fearing to be heard. "Some say he came here from a different world. Even with his powers restrained by Amarantha he is still the most feared non-High Fae."

Kaz took his time processing all this information, marking each detail and committing it to memory, though all he said was, "My, you do like hearing yourself talk."

At this, Lucien had looked even more disappointed. Kaz didn't particularly care.

He started to see aspects of his plan forming. "Portals?"

"Left open by lazy Attors, close at midnight. You need a golden key to re-open them. It was eleven bells about ten minutes ago."

Now, Kaz knew what he was doing. Well, sort of.

He pulled out a knife.

Because every good plan starts with a bit of bloodshed.

--

Hey guys so I know this is short but i wanted to update and I promise the next one will be longer and sooner

Remember to vote and comment :)

See you later x