Ch 38: Tonight

Michonne's P.O.V

Rick fell asleep on my chest last night, and just having him close to me, is the best feeling in the world.

He got a bit too drunk, and didn't fully make it into the bed, so he just passed out on my chest. And I let him stay there, because he's my heart, and with his soft curls so close heart, I caressed his head and whispered I love him.

"Michonne?" he whispered.

Rick is just now waking up, from almost sleeping in all morning. It's almost 11, and I don't even wanna get out of bed.

"Good morning." I smiled.

He sat up and confoundedly but passionately kissed my lips.

"Hell, Abraham and I got messed up last night." He silently rubbed his head while scrunching his face in pain, and I feel bad for him. This is what hangovers do to you,  they make you feel good through the night and then they push you down the rabbit hole in the morning..

"I know. You two sat at the table drinking and playing cards almost all night.."

"I'm sorry." he sighed

"Don't be sorry with me.. you're the one who has to deal with the terrible hangover." I laughed.

I reached over onto the dresser and grabbed the Granny Smith apple that Carl manages to get us every once in a while, and handed it to Rick.

Carl seldomly  works with Carol  and a few others with maintaining  the fruit trees and sometimes he brings home bags of Granny Smith apples for us, because he knows I love them. It's usually what he does to get his mind off of things now a day.

Rick pierced his teeth into the apple, ripping away a juicy chunk of sweetness, and passed the apple back to me.

I took a bite and we just sat in silence for a while, chewing away.

"Are you hungry?" I asked

I know he must be starving, the beer had to have drained his stomach and I don't mind cooking for my husband, so why not.

"Yes."  He laid back down and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Okay. What do you want to eat?" I asked, brushing the hair from his forehead and planting a small kiss along his eyebrow.

"You." He chuckled.

I laughed and hit his arm, it was pretty funny I have to admit.

"Ah, I'm joking.. Or am I? Anyway, you cook anything you want, love."

He gave me a cheeky side grin,  the kind where I could see his glamorous, sharp canine tooth and a few of his back ones.
It was my favorite smile of his, because it shows his adorable dimple and he is just so handsome.

"Alright, well, I'll get cooking then." I said.

He sat up and I got off the bed. For a second, I just stood there stretching and staring at him.  He looked like Rose from the movie Titanic the way he stared at me, like he was going to tell me to paint him like one of my French girls.

I burst out in giggles because I imagined him as a French girl in my head. How long his curly hair would be and how fierce he would act.

"What's so funny?" He asked, giving me the pouty lip.

"Nothing.." I said, whilst walking over to him and kissing his lips. "I love you."

"I love you more." He said, pulling me closer.

He placed his hands on my waist and kissed my neck once, then twice and began kissing my clavicle bone and my shoulder.

I ran my fingers through his hair and gently pushed him back onto the bed. "Later." I smiled.