Chapter Twelve

'Oh my god,' a decidedly British-accented voice exclaimed, stirring me awake. 'I thought we were supposed to be the ones having naked pillow fights.'

'What happened here last night?!' Sally's voiced exclaimed, amused, as I slowly and carefully opened one eyelid. I could already tell I was still a little drunk, which meant I'd had way too much last night and that I was in for an abysmal hangover.

I lifted my head slightly and gazed around the room. Rachel, Sally, and Chloe were standing just inside the door looking slightly shocked, and the room was a complete mess. There were empty cups and bottles of liquor scattered on various surfaces and everything smelled like stale alcohol. We had deposited our shirts on the floor on the way to the bathroom, which I could see even from here was a mess of shaving foam and wet towels.

And at the centre of all of this was the bed, on which Jackson, Josh, Conor, and I were all curled up at various stages of hungover, and all completely shirtless.

'Some sort of homoerotic orgy, I think,' Chloe said mildly, in response to Sally's question.

'Rachel,' Josh mumbled, his head still buried in the blankets but reaching one hand blindly towards where the voices were coming from and flexing his fingers. 'Beautiful ray of sunshine. Magnificent rainbow princess. Enchanted unicorn fairy.'

'Hmm,' Rachel said, amused and walking towards the mini bar to get Josh the bottle of water he was clearly looking for. She placed it in his outstretched hand and he opened it, gulping from it gratefully.

'Please,' I managed to croak, and soon there was one in my hand too. I sat up to see Sally assisting Jackson, pushing his hair back and kissing him on the forehead.

'How much did you all drink?' she asked in disbelief.

'We,' Jackson said, gesturing to Conor and himself, 'drank like rational adults. These two idiots,' he pointed at Josh and I, 'got seven different shades of fucked up.'

'Typical,' Rachel said, rolling her eyes and sitting on the bed next to Josh's head, rubbing his back. 'Can't take you anywhere.'

'What on earth were you doing in the bathroom?' Chloe asked. 'It looks like a tidal wave hit it.'

'Your fault,' I groaned, handing the water bottle to Conor and lifting my arm straight up in the air. She started laughing.

'Is it really such a terrible thing that you had to get completely bladdered first?'

'And why did you all have to get "completely bladdered" for Tyler to shave his pits?' Sally demanded.

'Solidarity,' Josh groaned, lifting his arm in the air too so they could see his hairless underarm, even though his face was still buried in the sheets.

'Oh my god,' Rachel deadpanned, rolling her eyes again. 'You two.'

'Three,' Conor mumbled, finally sitting up now that he'd had some water and showing them his own handiwork.

'Four,' Jackson corrected him, lifting his arm as well.

The girls were laughing outright now and shaking their heads in disbelief.

'I am speechless,' Chloe said simply.

'I kinda like it,' Sally mused, running her fingers over Jackson's armpit thoughtfully.

'I could actually be into this as well,' Rachel agreed. 'How amenable would you be to full-body hairlessness?' she asked a still almost-catatonic Josh, winking at Sally.

Josh finally lifted his head and peered up at her helplessly. 'Will you still love me if I'm not?'

She laughed again. 'Okay. You need to get in the shower and take some Advil and then spend the whole day in bed. We have plans for tonight and I need you healthy.'