3

Jada's POV

No one knew not even Traci. Man my mama didn't even know. As embarrassing as it is, I'm taking high classes and try to get my GED on. I used to didn't care, so much that I dropped out when I was doing my thuggin I didn't have time for school. I always had something better to do. Something that I was gonna get paid for too.

What makes it even harder is the people around me and staying focused. How I'm posed to stay on the books when this mess hard as I dunno what. Just reminds me the other reason why I was flunking school and not just the illegal activity.

Groaning, I stared at my math work. It was the hardest out of all of it. No, correction. It was all hard. I closed the book and decided to move to the language portion. I read over the first sheet of words to know over a couple of times before getting to start to get the first few meanings in my mind.

I was just about to move on when I heard somebody at my door. Police knocking at that. Flashbacks sent my eyes widening. I didn't do jack. No they better not be coming after some old mess. Slowly, I got up and bit my lip as I made my way to my apartment door. I looked through the peep hole and saw nothing. They tryna jump me? I eyed my bat next to the door, picking it up and hiding it behind my back before I slowly unlocked and opened the door.

I was expecting badges and uniforms but instead I got two laughing hyenas, better known as Dee and VaShawn, my two bad influences for cousins.

"Ayyyee we had you scared!! Bet you was peeing yaself!" Dee laughed as she pushed her way inside with her brother following.

VaShawn smirked as he eyed my bat. "Shiiiz she was scared. So scared she got her bat. Surprised you ain't had a gun."

I rolled my eyes. "Nah, I ain't with that no more... All I got is my bat and trust I can handle my own with it too." I sighed and put it down, locking my door. "What y'all doing here anyway? Thought y'all was in trouble."

Dee smiled. "Oh for that cornerstore robbery.... They ain't have no proof so they had to let us go. But... We wondering if we can borrow ya truck?"

I looked from her to her brother and their smirks proved it all. "Heck n'all. Take that mess somewhere else. I'm out of the game. And I ain't no accessory. I'm on parole, I'm tryna do right and get straight."

"Girl you know nothing about being straight." She fired back. "You don't like guys and you was robbing and dealing and doing everything we doing not to long ago. Stop frontin like you so much better than us."

Glaring at them, I picked my bat back up. "Don't start with me, Dee. If ya have a problem with my lifestyle or sexuality then this conversation over and y'all need to bounce out my place." I wasn't playing either. I'm tired of them coming up in my place and starting some mess. If they want to see my bad side then they can and I'll throw them out.

VaShawn raised his hands in defense just as Dee showed a hint of worry. When I was thuggin with them, I didn't play. When I fought, I threw down and people got really hurt. None of that hair pulling sissy junk, I straight up beat the person down and would use anything around to make sure they understood. Especially if they disrespected me and said something about me being gay. There were many guys who learned the hard way not to talk about me "acting like a boy" like I beat the niggas down and they found out I was real. No acting in it. I'm real. And when I said I was out, I was being real. I'm done.

"Okay, chill cus. Chill. You know we don't care. We accept you, you family and we ain't gonna dog you like others have." Dee looked at me with concern.

Dee was referring to my ma. She acted like she was real pissed when she realized that I wasn't just a boyish because I had all older brothers and male cousins mostly but gay too. Ma was mad enough when she found out about me doing what I was doing and in my cousins' gang. My first charge, she came and got me only to bring me home and beat the crap out of me. After that things went downhill. I came out in the way of she coming home from work early and catching me with a girl making out in my bed. She flipped like I was her boyfriend that she caught cheating. Threw the girl out then cussed me out and told me I can't be doing that gay dyke shit in her house. She didn't throw me out then, though. It wasn't until her boyfriend found out and saw me in Walmart holding my girlfriend at the time's hand. He went back to my ma told her and then next thing I knew I was getting kicked out of the house. No, I came home and found my bags packed and at the door. She told me that I had to leave cuz she didn't want a gay daughter or for people to talk.

So I left.

I crashed at Dee's place, her mom, my aunt, didn't give a crap at all. She let me stay as long as I needed to until I saved up enough to get this apartment. That was two years almost three years ago and I've spoken to my mom here and there, especially when I decided to get out of the game. I can tell she still cares just not when it comes to my sexuality as she keeps asking me if my phase is over and have I thought about dating a guy. I usually tell her I have to go and bye when it gets to that.

"I know... And I appreciate it, but I can't be involved when it comes to any of that mess y'all be doing. Y'all can chill for awhile if you want, but all that other stuff... Nah."

VaShawn looked at me and sighed. "Please, cus. We just need the truck to help a homeboy move some things for his grandma. We'll bring it back tomorrow with a full tank."

"Cmon we were there when you needed help. When you had nowhere to go, who came and picked you up without hesitation?" Dee added.

I studied his face then Dee's. I had a feeling I was going to be making a huge mistake if I did, but Dee knew how to persuade me. And by that I mean, guilt trip me. Sighing, I nodded and got my keys and handed them to her. "If I hear about some mess going down or find out y'all didn't do what y'all said y'all was going to do Imma be pissed. So watch it." I stared them down.

Smiling, Dee nodded and put the keys in her pocket. "No problem cus. You won't get into trouble promise. Thanks and see ya." She gave me a hug then so did VaShawn and they were quickly out my apartment.

They up to something... I just know it. Hopefully it don't come back to bite me in the behind..

Now I gotta get back to studying... I dunno which is worst to be honest. I sighed and went back to my table, returning to my studies. Time to get focused on this and not my crazy cousins.

A/N: Here's a long update thanks to my laptop for not crashing on me lol. Hope you all enjoy it. And it's gonna be based off of the first two movies with events and stuff that I make up and etc. Don't expect long chapters on a regular basis.
P.S: She has a new co author aka Aj/ bae, so maybe you can count on long chapters on a regular basis. 😊✌🏽️

Word Count: 1382