5

Traci in the mm

Jada's POV

I'm struggling like crazy just to keep studying up and trying to keep it a secret yet here go Traci staying on my behind. All she doing is being crazy and possessive and jealous, but we not even official or anything. She need to chill out forreal.

She almost caught me the other day. I stayed late that night and was studying all night and I fell asleep. The plan was to wake up before anyone came in after a short power nap. That didn't happen. No I knocked out and Traci came in... It's been three days and she's still trying to figure out my secret or as she puts it "whatever you're hiding." No matter how many times I tell her I'm not hiding anything she still is suspicious. It's like having a crazy girlfriend who be all up in your phone and if she see one number that she doesn't recognize she bout to pop off on you and call the number and pop off on whoever picks up the phone.

I've had girlfriends like that and that's too much drama than it's worth. Those the exact type of girls I be trying to stay away from. Then there's Traci... She's mad real and I can't resist it. She is who she is and there's no faking it. That's what attracted me to her. Sure she can be loud and talks a lot of shiz but she doesn't BS anyone. Not anyone and I'm included in that so of course she's gonna give me all kinds of trouble when she thinking that I'm lying. And I am lying but in this case, the truth is more embarrassing and more trouble than her hassling me.

It was the middle of the day and I was gonna go out and pick up some food.

"Aye anybody want anything?" I asked them as I hiked my backpack on my shoulder.

"You paying?" Old fool, Eddie asked me as he comfortably sat in his chair.

I looked at him like what the f I look like. "Whatchu mean? Do I look like I'm made out of money? If you want, you pay."

Laughing, Kevin finished his client and took the pay for it. "Y'all two needa quit. Forreal tho pick me up the special. You know what I like and here you go." He walked over and handed me a twenty. "Now I do expect to get ma change and I know how much it'll be. So don't be tripping."

I rose my hands in defense. "Woah Kev. I ain't a thief so you can bump that." I wasn't trying to get played like that. Even tho I knew he was joking as he started to laugh, I still couldn't help but wonder if a part of him thought like that especially with my history and past with the law. "Anybody else?"

"Yeah get me the chicken dinner." None other than Traci said. She came walking over with a smile on her face like she was on some nice Kool-aid. I eyed her as she handed me some money and just took it, with a raised brow.

"Why you being all nice now?" I whispered. She had to be up to something, I just didn't have a clue on what.

"No reason." With that, she turned and went back to her station to work on her client's hair.

I watched her for a moment before a couple of others came over, giving me their orders and money, but I was only half paying attention. I was too busy trying to figure Traci out. Shaking my thoughts away, I nodded and smiled at the guys and headed out the door with a list full of different items and a pocket full of money.

Almost to my car, I looked up to see the Jamal the owner of the convenience store a few doors door freaking out. I didn't walk over but I can see he was frantic and talking to the police about a big hole in the glass and something about his new ATM got stolen. I shook my head at it. Always crime in the city. It didn't matter where you were on this side of town, you was going to see some new crime or another take place near you. This was just another day and another robbery. I'm just glad I got out of that life and was finally living a clean life.

Getting into my truck, I turned on the radio and drove off, trying to leave all my worries out of my mind.

A/N: Hope you guys like it and that's Traci in the mm and still in search for a good Jada, if you have suggestions leave a comment of their Instagram name or just name in general. That'd be it. Hope you enjoy and leave feedback and stuff. Til next time