Author's Note

That's it for Red as Roses. I can't believe we made it. I had an amazing time writing this book, and Annalise and Adam are very close to my heart.

Thank you so much to everyone who made this book possible. I read all your comments, and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of them. Unfortunately, I can be a bit socially awkward, so a lot of times I don't know how to respond to comments without sounding weird or generic and insincere. So, for all those of you who have commented (and all my other wonderful, silent readers) I have to say this:

Thank you so much for your support. Every time I read your responses to my work, or see a vote or watch the stats on my book climb I'm inspired and motivated to keep writing. I love you guys so much. I write mostly for myself, but I also write for you guys and to give people something that will hopefully inspire them and give them a story they will remember. No matter how far this book goes, whether to fame or to the trash bin, I will always remember and appreciate you all.

If you ever want to chat, message me! Seriously. If you're feeling happy, sad, anything, go ahead. I'm always listening.

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for... *drumroll*

Book 2 is in the works!

(I know you guys probably already know that, but I wanted to build suspense ;)

The fairy tale legacy continues with Annalise's daughter.

Her Highness Princess Scarlet I isn't one for titles. Short, dark haired, and armed with a cloak brighter than blood, she constantly sneaks away into the forest. Her forbidden fascination: a giant wolf, with eyes like jade and fur dark as midnight.

So when the Queen needs to consult the Princess's grandmother, Scarlet immediately volunteers, planning to get through with the job, then see the Wolf and the rest of the world. But when the Woodsman saves her from an attack on the road, he asks her to repay him by freeing his cursed son, throwing a bit of a detour into her plans.

As Scarlet and the Wolf set out to find the cure along with a clever thief named Jack, the powerful Enchantress who first laid the curse lurks in the forest, determined to stop them at all costs.

In this mix of the two fairytales, Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk, Brighter Than Blood continues the fairy tale saga that began with Red as Roses.

(This synopsis is also available in my Coming Soon book and you can also check out the sneak peak in the Brighter Than Blood story that I have posted.)

Annalise and Adam will return briefly in the sequel, though they are not the main characters. This new novel, Brighter Than Blood, features their twelve year old daughter Scarlet and her adventures with the Wolf, a handsome thief named Jack, and a very tall beanstalk. I'll be getting more into Jayla's backstory and the wolves, and we'll be seeing some more of the Giants that I mentioned in Chapter 27, and some rivalry with Arensland. 

I'm excited!

I actually have most of it written already, so hopefully I will be able to get it out in more consistent updates. However, as of March 14th, 2016 I will be taking a break from the Roses series in order to write another novel, Heart, and maybe do some work on my novella, Bearskin. I aim to start actively working on Brighter Than Blood on June 22nd of 2016, so I will be on hiatus from this series for about a month. While I'm on my hiatus I will be working on some structure thingies with Brighter Than Blood and theme development and planning, etc. as well. That way I won't have to do the whole reposting gig that I had to do with Red as Roses.

So keep a lookout for Book 2 and I will see you all in June!

Long live the Queen!

-danikanakker

P.S. The fantastic piece of art you see above was my by my friend, the fabulous Pennywithaney who writes absolutely amazing stories, so if you've heard of me, you've probably heard of her by now. She has a Cinderella and Mulan retelling up on Wattpad, both of which I highly recommend.

P.P.S. The teaser trailer for the live action version of Beauty and the Beast came out yesterday and I am super excited, so that's the video above. I felt it was fitting, especially since I just wrote a book about Beauty and the Beast...