▻ 06 | FIRST TIMES

FIRST TIMES
[HER BEDROOM ⇆ 6:30 AM]

JASON'S INTENTION HADN'T BEEN TO SLEEP WITH HER RIGHT OF THE BAT. Of course, he had dreamed of it but never intended to act on that fantasy so soon; especially not with her still lingering feelings for Bruce. His original plan had been to wait a while before initiating anything with the purple haired girl, to be on the safe side and ensure that she was over the billionaire. That plan was thrown out the window when she ended up making a move on him, placing her soft hands on the sides of his now exposed face and bringing him in for what was supposed to be a quick kiss.

            Jason knew he should have pulled away before things led to her bedroom, he was aware that it wasn't the right thing to do, but the feeling of someone craving him had caught him off guard. After drenching himself in feelings of self-hatred for so long, feeling someone want him was something he couldn't reject. For once, he allowed his mind to indulge itself in the hope that a person genuinely wanted something with him even if it was in a sexual manner.

But that was last night's events.

Now, Jason was pacing around the woman's kitchen at six in the morning with a glass of water in his hand and regret heavy in his heart. His main concern being the fear that she'd see him as someone who just slept around, not bothering to get to know every inch and crevice of her personality when that was his idea from the start. Flashes of last night's events clouded his mind, her body on his and his hands exploring the curves of her body, when he glanced over at her sleeping figure with a faint frown.

            Zoë came about seconds later, a usual light sleeper even without Jason's presence, and tiredly sat up against the worn down headboard. The black haired male watched with his brows knitted in thought as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her palms, ridding herself of any sign of sleepiness before looking over at him with narrowed eyes.

            Her body allowed her a second of peace before the panic set in, her own memories of last night's event setting into her mind. Jason held back a chuckle once he saw her eyes grow in size once the pieces came together, glancing down to notice that she sat in bed in her undergarments while he stood shirtless in front of her. Placing the glass in her sink, he made his way over to her frazzled figure and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

            "Oh my god." Zoë exclaimed, resting her face on the surface of her palm while she repeated the trio of words.

            "Good morning to you too, beautiful." Jason joked, flashing her a hopeful grin even though it didn't meet his eyes in an attempt to lighten to mood in the bedroom. He knew she was only acting out what he felt on the inside too, with her being more open about her feelings than he ever was or planned on being. It was just that the feeling of regret wasn't one he wanted to see on her.

"Do you regret it?" Zoë asked the conflicted male, her voice soft and delicate as the question rolled off her tongue while her gaze bore holes into Jason's bare back. Noticing him stiffening up at the inquiry, she took the moment to observe the battered surface of his back; taking in each angry cut and deep scar that laid across the once innocent pale skin.

"Do I regret sleeping with an attractive girl that kissed me as soon as she saw my face thereby boosting my self-confidence?" Jason glanced at her over his shoulder, breaking her from her trance-like state and sharing a boyish smirk with her. "Of course not."

She resisted the urge to giggle at his comment, forcing her flushed lips into a straight line. "Jason, I'm serious." Zoë urged, exhaling a deep breath before flopping back onto the comfort of her bed, burrowing deep into the soft cozy blankets and turning her back to him. Her chest felt heavy at the recollection of sexual memories, feeling as though it could've gone better on her part.

"So am I." Jason sighed in disappointment, dropping the joker facade and getting into bed with her. Cautiously, he laid next to her upset figure and wrapped an arm around her waist, his hand hesitantly lingering over her skin in fear that he'd make the wrong move. "I don't regret it but I have this odd feeling that you do." His voice wavered towards the end, hints of deeper rooted issues clouding his words.

            "You're not over him, are you?" He spoke up again, once he was met with silence on her part. Zoë stiffened under him, pursing her lips at the wall in front of her and slowly shaking her head. As much as she desperately wanted to say that yes, she was well over the guy that recently broke her heart, she knew she'd be lying as feelings for him still lingered at the sides of her heart.

"No." Even that answer didn't seem correct for her. "I don't know." She shyly tried again, feeling the warmth from his body leaving her when he abruptly stood from the bed in search for his clothes. "Jason." Zoë called out to him, sitting up in place and watching him from her spot.

"I'm not pissed at you." The now dressed male reassured her, attempting to flash a smile at her but failing the act of feigning approval at her answer. Jason wasn't able to pretend to be okay with her answer with how much he had grown attracted to the girl, especially not after sleeping with her; an act that he now deemed a spur of the moment thing.

"So, why are you leaving?"

"I think we should spend some time apart, Zo." Jason advised, hooking his fingers over the inside of his helmet and pulling it from her dresser. "I mean, we just met and already slept together after you broke up with some guy. I think it's only fair that I give you space to think things through. I don't just want to be a rebound, y'know?"

"This, you leaving, isn't a forever thing?" The skin between Zoë's eyebrows crinkled in worry at his upset tone and emotionless face, unsure if she had upset him with the truth. He unknowingly cured the negative batch of emotions by wrapping his strong arms around her frail shoulders, leaning down to bury his face in the crook of her neck.

"No."

°

i wrote this listening to drake.
man, i love drake.