▻ 08 | GUESS WHO

GUESS WHO
[@ ZOË'S ⇆ 8:58 PM]

JASON'S FIST LIGHTLY TAPPED ON THE WINDOW'S GLASS SURFACE MULTIPLE TIMES, diverting Zoë's attention from the bored pizza man on the other side of the phone to the sheepish grinning male on the other side of the window. The corners of her flushed lips teased a shy smile but she tried to hide her excitement, holding up a finger to signal him to give her a minute as she finished her order.

            "Thank you." Zoë' thanked the kind man, the dial tone ringing in her ear before she placed the phone on a nearby table. Her bare feet padded across the wooden floor when she made her way over to the window, shaking her head in disbelief and her mouth cheekily curled up at the corners once she opened the window. "You came." She breathed, allowing him to enter then shutting the window once again.

            Jason's hands brushed off the dust from his white long sleeved shirt, looking down at the girl's glowing face. Her colorful locks were tied up in a bun and her pajamas consisted of a plain black tank top alongside a pair of floral comfortable shorts; so simple yet Jason couldn't help but gawk at how adorable he saw her.

            "I did." He confirmed, glad to finally be in her presence after their last meeting a week ago. "When you called, it was a really bad time for me and hearing your voice..." The conflicted brunette trailed off, allowing her to wrap him up in a loving embrace, as she understood what he was trying to tell her. "I'm just glad to see you again." Jason finished off, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer.

            She wriggled out of his grasp, taking his hand in hers and pulled him towards the living room. Jason's eyes darted towards the bundles of floral arrangements that sat in her living room, not given the chance to question her on it before she sat them down on the couch. A movie was playing in the background, filling the short silences as Zoë struggled on choosing what to say first. Before he arrived, she had so much in mind to tell him but now, she was speechless at him actually being there.

            Jason's attention on the movie was interrupted by her standing from her seat next to him and stopping in front of him. She reached out to grab both his larger hands again, lips parted as she chose the right words.

            "I want to be with you." Zoë finally decided on, narrowing her hazel eyes at him to attempt to decipher his confused expression. "I want us to be something." She added for extra effect, showcasing that she had spent their time away to think about their future; something that he had doubted once he stepped out the door that morning.

            Jason was at a loss for words, not having predicted that she would have chosen him instead of Bruce. He had expected that she called him here to break things off, to beg him to erase her name from his mind and advise him to forget the sweet taste of her lips on his own but he was wrong. Someone actually wanted him, she wanted him and no cocky remark from him could thoroughly express his gratitude. Instead, he opted for an alternate route and snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her into his lap.

            Him smirking in triumph was the last thing she saw before the pair closed their eyes and leaned into each other, their lips meeting once again. She brought her hands to his hips, curling her fingers around the bottom of his t-shirt and attempting to rid it off of him, eager to see the familiar skin that laid under it once again. Jason helped her with the task, pulling away from her to throw the shirt off of him before bringing her closer to him again.

            Antsy fingers played with his soft dark hair as their hormones heightened, tousling his messy hair further before a knock on her front door interrupted them. Jason disconnected his lips from her, throwing his head back on the couch and groaning at the unwanted interruption. Zoë simply giggled at his reaction as she fixed her clothes and waltzed over to the door, taking ahold of the crumpled bills on the table as she opened the door.

            Her cheerful face fell at the sight of the unwanted company, Jason's eyes widening in shock before a scowl formed on his face at Bruce standing in the hall. Zoë collected herself, furrowing her eyebrows at him and shaking her head. "Bruce." She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, not aware of the past relationship between the pair of men. "What are you doing here?"

            "Jason." Bruce ignored the girl's question and turned towards the younger male sitting on the couch inside the apartment. "How nice to see you, shirtless, in my girlfriend's apartment."

°

jfc, ian is so cute and girls/girls/boys is such a good song because i too like girls and boys ALSO I IMAGINE BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN. IM SORRY IF YOU DIDNT LOVE HIS B-MAN BUT I ADORED IT. 👼🏻