Chapter 2

Audrey's POV

I walked through Double XL's Hip Hop department doors, being greeted by Le'Shell who held a few sticky notes with messages for me.

"Morning Le'Shell" I smiled and placed my purse on her desk.

"Morning Mrs. Alsina" she smiled, causing me to smirk at the sound of my new last name.

"How are you?" I read through the sticky notes.

"Good, can't complain" she sat back down in her chair.

"I hear that" I laughed.

"I'll see you around lunch" I excused myself and walk through the cubicles, walking towards my office.

I stopped by my assistant's desk, Leah.

"Morning Leah"

"Morning girl" she smiled.

"You look happy to be here"

"I'm excited about your 2 pm appointment"

She was referring to Bryson Tiller coming in for our interview.

"Oh, Mr. Tiller got you smiling like this?"

"Yes, Audrey have you listened to his stuff?"

"No, not yet" I sighed.

She looked at me like I had two heads.

"What is wrong with you?" she laughed.

"I'm a new mother Leah, I just haven't taken out the time. But I will be prepared for our next encounter"

"I hope so, girl he's too cute ... I mean I'm sorry, nevermind" she giggled.

"No, what happened?" I motioned for her to follow me to my office.

"I mean you're married and I shouldn't be telling you about another man's appearance"

"Leah, I'm married, it's not like I can't find another man's beauty" I laughed.

"I just didn't want to offend?" she asked confused.

"No offense taken" I laughed again.

"Hopefully he's single" she side eyed me.

"All yours if he is" I slipped on my heels as she walked out.

I finally took a seat at my desk and turned on my Mac desktop and opened up my emails.

August was in Atlanta this week, working on his album like no tomorrow. He was so secretive about it, I was only able to hear that one song he played for me. But when he dropped singles I heard them for the first time with everyone else.

With August being in the states meant I had no other choice but to hire a nanny. None other than Emma. She was good with April and if August trusted her, I had to trust his intuition.

Like clockwork my office phone went off, letting me know I was about to be harassed.

"Double XL Hip Hop and R&B Entertainment, Audrey McCall speaking"

"Mrs. Alsina" August spoke.

"Mr. Alsina" I smiled.

"You smiling? I could hear it in your voice"

I laughed.

"Good morning bae" he laughed.

"Good morning love, why you up it's like 4 am over there" I inquired.

"Just came in to be honest"

I rolled my eyes as if he could see me.

"You need to stop pulling late nights like that, remember what happened the last time you went hard"