1

Last-minute packing is my style. I grew up travelling around the world. Everyday from one country to another. Even an hour before I step out of the house to my destination, I could finish packing in a matter of seconds like magic.

     After convincing Mom to let me spend the Summer with Dad, she finally said yes, though she still look reluctant to let me go. I have a sense that it was because of their relationship status and also because, even though Dad is quite alert with surroundings but sometimes he could be very careless. But either way, I'm glad Mom let me go. I haven't seen Dad since we moved. We talk, but barely; sometimes merely texting one or two sentences. I miss him alot.

     I had to wake up early this morning. And it was around six because Dad promised to come pick me up at seven thirty. I was about to whine when he told me that he'll be picking me up early because I hate waking up early, especially after a few weeks of staying home, but when he mentioned that he was invited to make a speech at M.I.T and must must be there at eight thirty the latest, I was excited and agreed for him to pick me up at seven thirty straight away.

     I hopped around my room in a regular apartment Mom rent in New York City as I packed my stuffs into a bag I set on my bed. It's not the best room I've ever had to compared with the one I had in the Tower or Malibu, but it was nice and cozy enough. Mom literally bought everything Dad prepared for me in my old room. Or, least, tried. She doesn't want me to feel alone or feel left out when she's not around. It is annoying sometimes although we don't care about money.

     Mom knew Dad and I have this special relationship, and she was quite intimidated when I start to live with her when she and Dad split up. She is not good with technologies so she cannot prepare me new computer systems every month. Or the fact that Mom and I just can't live together under the same roof makes her nervous, I don't know.

T-shirts: ✔️
Jeans: ✔️
Sleeping clothes: ✔️
Undergarments: ✔️
Dresses:

"Dresses?" I couldn't help but to recoil with that idea. From what I understood from Dad's statement when he told me about his works, I don't think we'll be going out to any events that requires me to dress up. "Should I bring dresses?" I asked myself. After thinking a couple more seconds, I decided to bring one, just in case.

     Finished with clothes I checked up on my gadgets and other stuffs I knew I couldn't live without.

Laptop: ✔️
Handphone: ✔️
Headphones: ✔️
Pendrive and HDD: ✔️
Chargers: ✔️

Hmm. What else? I pursued my lips, pondering as I stood on my left leg, at the edge of my bed where my bags laid. Dad said I shouldn't bring my laptop because he'd prepared one for me at the Facilities, but truth to be told, even though they're as advanced as my own laptop, I still want to use my own. I feel more comfortable with it.

     Pushing my bags farther to the center, I took a seat beside it and began zipping my bags. I swear, I feel so hopeless with one leg cemented.

     I was glad that I had taken my shower first hand before I started packing - though neither if those took me long enough to finish - when I glanced up on the clock and saw that I only had ten minutes until seven thirty. Oh, how fast time flies. I remember I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep until it was four in the morning. But now my Summer vacation was about to start!

     I grabbed my jacket I readied on my study chair and put it on my body. I was standing in front of the mirror when I heard my door being knocked. It was gentle, but the boney knuckle that stomped on the door, made it sound loud enough that, if I was showering in the attached bathroom, I could hear it.