Prologue

This is my second story that I've written on Wattpad and it is a werewolf story, but it's a lot different then my other one(I'm Sorry Did You Say Mate?). This is just the prologue and the first chapter will be up in the next few days. 

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Hope you enjoy :)

*******************************************************************************************************************\

                                                 Prologue

                “Aaron, listen to me. If you really want to help, you’ll take Tinsley and go.” My mother frantically told my brother. She thrust a few more of my clothes into a backpack and then turned quickly and cursed under her breath. A second later there was the unmistakable sound of something smashing through the window and glass shattering.

                “Mommy!” I cried, terrified. My mother turned and looked at my shaking form, sorrow filling her eyes. She walked over and crouched so that we were eye to eye, tears glistening in her eyes and a sad smile on her beautiful face.

                “Tinsley honey, you must listen to what I’m about to say. You and Aaron are going to leave right now and you must not come back until we say so.” She said sternly. I shook my head.

                “I don’t want to leave you and daddy.” I whimpered. A tear fell down her cheek and we both stiffened at the sound of fearsome growls that came from outside. She looked over my shoulder, out the window. A light from outside illuminated her saddened face, making her look somehow older.

                “If you ever have to remember one thing in your life, remember that your father and I loved you. So, so much my darling.” She pulled me into a hug and I could feel her body shaking slightly against mine.

                “I love you too Mommy.” I whispered. Another growl broke us apart and she picked me up as she stood and walked over to Aaron.

                “It’s time my son. Take your sister and go to Kent’s.” She squeezed me tightly to her before passing me to my older brother. He reached out and proceeded to hug me tightly to him. I wrapped my legs around his torso and rested my head in the crook between his shoulder and neck.

                “Mother.” His voice trembled. I thought it odd that a fifteen year old would sound like that, all weepy and sad.

                “Go now,” My mother’s voice sounded panicked as another loud crash came from downstairs followed by deep growls. I pressed my face harder into Aaron’s shoulder and whimpered. He ran his hand over my hair soothingly. “We are so very proud of you my little boy. Don’t ever forget that. Now it is up to you Aaron. Keep your sister safe, I’m begging you Aaron, watch after your little sister.”

                “I won’t fail you.” He whispered.  She passed the backpack to him and pressed a hand over her heart as tears fell down her face.

                “I love you both my children, more than anything.” She whispered. I couldn’t help it, I cried. I cried as my brother ran from the room and down the stairs. I cried as I saw the familiar wolves of my pack fighting intruders. I cried when I realized the light I’d seen reflect onto my mother’s face was a fire that had somehow started. All the while Aaron ran, I cried.

                 “It’s going to be ok, Тinsey.” He said, calling me by my nickname as he quickly ran to my mother’s car and  threw me and two bags into the backseat. I hadn’t noticed he’d picked up another bag as we ran.

                I sat and shut my eyes tightly, pressing my hands over my ears to try and chase out the sounds of my dying pack. My brother drove away, speeding off down the path. When he was about to turn onto the main road, I turned quickly to catch a last glimpse of what we were leaving behind. My breath caught. On the lawn, the enemy wolves advanced onto my badly wounded pack. I watched as the house that I had grown up in, the house that had been my safe haven, went up into flames.

                Aaron turned onto the road, ending the gruesome view. I fell back into the seat and curled up. I sobbed. I was sure I’d just lost everything.