Chapter 5

Ok, so this isn't edited so I apologize for any spelling errors or grammar mistakes. Next chapter should be up Thursday, depending on how much work I have. Thank you as always for reading and I hope you ennjoy :)

Dedicated to Liviamay for making not only one fantastic cover, but two (check the external link for the second). Thank you so much and I appreciate it :)

*******************************************************************************************************************

                                    Chapter 5

Daniel’s POV:

                        I kept my trademark smirk on my face as I looked into the eyes of my mate. It was like I’d been lost and now I was found. This golden haired angel in front of me was my savior. Her eyes dipped low as she took me in before returning to meet my gaze. Her eyes were opened in shock and surprise. My wolf was howling deep in me with delight at meeting his mate. I had to admit, as far as mates went, I certainly got a good looking one. Scratch that, I got the hottest one. She blinked suddenly and took a step back, shaking her head slightly. She spun on her heel and turned quickly. She was just about to turn the corner she’d come bounding around when Trent spoke up eagerly.

            “Hey Tinsley.” He called happily. She paused and turned, glancing at him before moving her eyes to meet my own. I was once again drawn into their deep blue depths. We stood like that, gazing intently at each other before she managed to look at Trent once again.

            “Oh, hey,” She murmured, stepping back. I cleared my throat, demanding her attention. She looked at me and held my gaze, like she was as drawn in to my gaze as I was to hers. She backed up a few steps, keeping her eyes locked on mine. “I’m just going to…” She didn’t finish and bolted back around the corner.

            “That was weird.” Trent commented. It was then that I noticed the human that was glaring at me.

            I felt my expression darken at seeing him. I’d never gotten along with Nate. He started here last year and immediately took the Kayla’s group of friends. Like everyone in that group, he took a special hating to me and therefore started up a rivalry between us. Like he would ever win though, I was a werewolf and he was human. To add to that, I’m an Alpha. He has no shot, I thought smugly. He’d never compare. His eyes narrowed like he knew what I was thinking and I glared back at him.

            “Stay away from her! She isn’t just a toy for you to play with.” He growled at me before stalking in the direction the angel had gone.

            Wait! Angel? I don’t think so, I’m a badass Alpha that likes many girls. I’m not going to go all soft and mushy just because I met my mate. My incredibly sexy mate with beautiful blue eyes and perfect lips…Stop!

            “Let’s go, we’re already late for practice.” I said before starting to walk down the hallway. Without hesitation, the guys followed.

            So what if I met my mate? I wasn’t going to be all lovey dovey now and spend every minute thinking about her. Sure you’re not. My wolf smelled an easy victory in me. Guess again, wolfie, I may have met my mate but I am most certainly not going to change my ways just because of her.

To prove my point, I winked at a girl who was passing by. She blushed furiously and looked away, giggling slightly. She wasn’t anything to look at, much less wink at, but I needed to reinforce myself against my wolf. I threw a lazy smile at another girl and she sighed dreamily at me. Oh yeah, I was the man.