Chapter 3

To clear up any confusion, Kayla is a redhead. Sorry, I looked at the picture and realized her hair looked a little blond. The response I'm getting to this story is incredibly amazing and I credit it all to you. To all the people that fan and vote and comment, THANK YOU! 

Daniel>>>>>>>>(I think he's pretty sexy but that's just me ;) )

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

******************************************************************************************************************

Daniel’s POV:

            I rolled over, loving the feel of the silk sheets warmed by the sun. I groaned and stretched, pushing my arms over my head. A movement next to me made my eyes snap open.

            “Morning baby.” She murmured with the common Texan accent.

 Studying her, I decided I must have been wasted last night to end up in bed with her. Sure, she’s cute with brunette hair and big hazel eyes, but not at all my type. My type, when sober, is straight up sexy. And this girl, she was just ok. But man…that girl knows her stuff when it comes to the bedroom. Standing up, I pulled my boxers on without sparing her a glance, all the while feeling her lustful gaze on me. I walked towards the adjoined bathroom, hearing her slight growl of disappointment.

“I’m going to take a shower. Feel free to leave any time before I get out. Actually, I’ll put it bluntly, be gone by the time I’m done. ” I muttered, closing the door in her shocked face.

 I threw my boxers on the floor and stepped under the warm, flowing water. Furious growls and curses met my ears followed by the sound of my hotel room door slamming shut. I chuckled softly, some girls simply had the beauty and not the brains. They all had this fantasy that I would fall madly in love with them and mate them, making them Luna of my pack. Seriously, they need to get over that fantasy. I have no desire to find my mate. My bang a chick and move on lifestyle suited me just fine, thank you very much.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly pulled some jeans on, leaving my chest bare. I walked out onto the balcony, reaching into my pocket and taking my phone out. I dialed and waited, training my focus on a particularly fine girl stretching out on the sidewalk below me. I grinned naughtily as she leaned over, touching her toes.

“What’s up?” My beta, Trent, answered. I’d been best friends with Trent since our diaper days so it had been no surprise when I’d chosen him to be my beta.

“Just checking in. How’s everything going?” I was Alpha, and even though I’ve been out visiting other packs, I cared about my pack.

“Kind of boring actually. A few rouges here and there but other than that, it’s been prtty quiet. What about on your end?”

“Made some new treaties with the packs that are farther away. I’ll admit, the south knows how to train their fighters. Even I was impressed and that’s saying a lot.” Trent chuckled on the other end. I wasn’t impressed by much and even when I was, I rarely admitted it.

“And the ladies?” Trent knew me so well, I thought, smiling.

Very impressive. They certainly know how to work a person in the bedroom.” I grinned as I mentally went back over the trysts I’d had with various girls from the packs.

“You lucky dog.” Trent laughed on the other end. We shared the same belief that life was supposed to be fun. And sleeping with girls, let’s face it, is fun.

“Mhm. So, my flight should be in tomorrow afternoon and this is your only warning. If someone isn’t there the minute the plane touches down and makes me wait, all hell will reign down.” I joked, however the threat was evident in my tone.

“Then I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t forget, you have that meeting with the guy that wants to temporarily stay on our land. I gave him permission but he knows already that he has to meet with you again.”

“And why is it that he wants to stay?” I murmured as the girl on the sidewalk stretched out her calves in the lunge position, giving me a very flattering view.

“He was pretty vague about it. Something about how they like to experience new things some other crap.” He sounded disinterested.

“And what’s your take on him?” My gaze was still shamelessly checking out the girl that was stretching out. I’ll admit, she dedicates a large amount of time to simply warming up. However, from the view I had, I wasn’t complaining.

“Nice enough. Works down at the site with a few of the guys from the pack. They said he’s a strong worker, kind of keep to himself though.” His voice perked up a second later. “And his little sister. Oh God, his little sister.”

I noticed his tone become lustful and I chuckled. Whoever she is, she must be pretty hot to make Trent sound like this just by him thinking of her.

“She’s so fucking hot it’s not even funny. You have no idea how many guys wish they could get at her. It’s funny, how she walks around so oblivious to her hotness.” I noticed that while his tone was still lustful, it also sounded like he liked this about her.

“Is someone developing a crush?” I teased.

“I wish. Bad news is, she’s friends with Kayla. And we all know how much she despises us. Everytime I so much as look at Tinsley, Kayla shoots me the look that says come near her and I’ll cut your balls off.

My face twisted at the thought of Kayla. A long time ago, when we were in middle school, we used to be best friends. Me, Trent, and Kayla. We did everything together and even though we were all close, everyone knew Kayla had a soft spot for me. Long story short, when we entered high school Trent and I shifted for the first time and got the looks the came with it. While we grew and became popular, Kayla stayed her same, rather normal self. She didn’t hate us at first, she just seemed more disappointed. High on our newfound popularity, Trent and I quickly left her and our friendship behind. It wasn’t until a party sophomore year that Kayla really hated us. More like me actually. I was drunk out of my mind and was hitting on any girl that was within ten feet. Next thing you know, it’s morning and Kayla is lying next to me, both of us with no clothes. I still remember the hopeful look she gave me, hopeful that maybe something would grow between us. I didn’t give her the time of day, simply told her it was a mistake and walked out. Simple as that. Ever since then, Kayla has made it her mission to make my life as difficult as possible.

“Are you even listening to me?!” Trent shouted.

“Huh?” I hadn’t realized I’d drifted away with my thoughts.

“I was saying how I wasn’t going to give up. I mean, Tinsley she’s drop dead gorgeous and looks like she would be a good partner in the bedroom, but there’s something there. I can’t exactly figure it out, but I intend to spend a good deal of time trying to.”

“Tinsley?” What an uncommon name.

“Yep, Tinsley.” He said, a bit breathlessly. Uhh when did my best friend suddenly get all starry eyed over a girl he hasn’t even met yet? She must be something. Tinsley. The more I think about it, the nicer it sounds.

“Well, in that case I look forward to meeting this super hot wonder woman.” And I was looking forward to meeting her. Trent wasn’t the only person riled up by the new girl. I’d heard various male members of my pack talk about her through the mind link. I was curious to see what exactly it was that made her so appealing.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow. Also, tomorrow we have practice and coach says if you’re late, he’ll murder you.” I laughed and hung up.

Peering down, I noticed with disappointment the girl who had been stretching was gone. I perked up though when I noticed a nice leggy brunette walking down the sidewalk in a tight shirt and short shorts. Oh man, now that it was fine girl. I was out the door within a second and down the stairs in the next. I exited the hotel and stepped out into the bright sunlight. Striding forward with the confidence and grace of a man that already knew he was going to get exactly what he wanted, I reached the raven haired girl.

“Hello there. I’m Daniel.” I smiled my trademark grin and winked, sticking a hand out. Easy as one, two, three. She smiled and blushed lightly, delicately taking my hand. Easy as one, two, three.