one

four years later

"Oh, shut up Luke." I laugh as I unlock the door to my apartment.

"It's true! She literally dropped her ice cream and picked it up." he held his stomach in laughter.

I playfully rolled my eyes and we both entered my apartment. We just came from the store to get Luke's new friend who was moving in from Wisconsin, a welcome gift.

I placed the gift on the counter. "Okay, so tell me again, why you can't tell me your friends name." I ask.

He shrugs and takes a seat on the kitchen stool. "Because... I want it to be a surprise."

"Alright. Whatever Korns." I sigh and get a glass of water.

He looks down at his phone and smiles. "He just got here. He's heading up now." He squeals like a little girl and gets up. I take a sip of my drink and put it down he grabs my arm and drags me out of the apartment.

"Luke, I swear to God. If you're playing match maker with me. I told you I'm not interested in dating anytime soon." I groan and he leads me down the hallway.

"Ugh, why do you always assume that Quinn? You're too ugly and boring to date," he states and looks at me, "I'm joking. Sarcasm intended."

We stopped in front of the elevator that opened to this floor and it let out a ding. Luke let go of my arm and I look at him.

The doors open. And there he was.

Chris O'flyng.