two

"She doesn't know you're coming." Luke speaks into the phone, "Trust me. She's going to forget whatever happened four years ago."

I sigh and fiddle with my lip ring nervously in the back of the taxi, "She won't forget. I just hope she'll let it go."

Luke on the other side of the phone really thought Chris would have another chance with his friend Quinn. They haven't spoken for almost four years.

Chris' taxi stops in front of the tall apartment complex and he pays the driver. He gets out and takes his two luggages in the back.

"Alright, I'm on my way up. Can't wait." Chris didn't know if the 'can't wait' was sarcasm or not.

"Alright, Chris. Level 14." Luke says and ends the phone call. Chris rolls his luggages to the door and into the building. He is gets into the elevator and presses the button. Chris began to fill with anxiety as the doors closed. Maybe moving to L.A. was a bad idea. Maybe it wasn't for him.

He rubbed his sweaty palms against his jeans and took deep breathes in and out.

Chris hadn't had any feelings for anyone ever since Quinn broke his heart. He tried going on dates and meeting new people but it couldn't happen.

The elevator beeped motioning that he had arrived at the floor and the doors opened.

There stood Quinn and Luke.

Quinn had changed so much ever since she left Wisconsin. Her brunette Haidas grown to her lower back and her face had gotten a bit skinner. She looked even more beautiful than before. She wore more makeup than her usual mascara and blush.

Did he even know the girl he knew before?

Luke clears his throat and remarks. "Ah! Chris! So glad you could come to L.A.!" He steps into the elevator and gives him a big hug. Chris stands there, motionless as he looks at Quinn.

Quinn had stared back with a look Chris couldn't read.

"Y-yeah. Glad I could come." Chris says and pats Luke's back. Luke grabs one of his luggage and drags it out of the elevator. Chris steps out and grabs his luggage with.

Luke looks between the two. "Quinn, this is Chris. Chris, this is Quinn."

Pure silence filled the hallway as the two looked at each other. Chris scratches the back of his neck and extends his hand for a shake.

"Hi Quinn." he says and nervously looks at her. Quinn's hazel eyes looks at Chris' and shakes his hand.

"Nice to see you again Chris." Quinn gives a weak smile. Luke knew Quinn would kill him later because of doing this.

"Glad we could all get to know each other." Luke exclaims and drags both of them towards the apartment.