Chapter 4

After our conversation i walked out of the building down to the lobby for the elevators into the parking garage. When I was on the road home I realized I had to stop for a couple of things before hand.

I walked into my apartment and was welcomed with a jumping dog at my feet. He was happy that i was home. I took off my coat and walked to the kitchen and took out some wet dog food with dry dog food and mixed it well enough for him.

"Here ya go boy", i placed the bowl on the floor with water as he started to inhale it.

I went and took a shower to clean off the feeling of being dirty, even though i was in an office all day. I hopped out and wrapped my towel around me and walked into my room to put on some clothes. I decided to feel sexy, so i pulled out my sleek satin black lingerie dress with black and red roses.

The top of the dress hugged my breasts wonderfully. I pulled the bed sheets back and slipped into my full sized bed and turned on the little tv i had sitting on a little table in front of my bed. I sat up watching a few episodes of True Blood. I just love the whole idea of a love triangle between vampires.

I checked the time and it was already one-thirty. I got up and walked out of the room into the small living/dining/kitchen and cleaned up lukes area were he ate. I threw in some dishes in the small dish washer and started a loaded for the night. After the hassle in the kitchen i had walked back into my room plugged my phone in and set and alarm for tomorrow.

Before i went to bed i made sure that everything was packed for the business trip, the suitcase was in check, i had enough cloth-- thats when it hit me. Where will luke stay? I cant leave him all alone. I wanted to e-mail Quinton and tell him i cant go cause i wont have anyone to watch after luke while we were gone. Then I remembered Christina offered to take care of him.

I looked at my sleeping dog and smiled i ruffled his fur and scratched behind his ears, then fell back on my bed. I couldnt sleep though, i dont know why, but i was for sure not sleeping at all tonight. Nothing could make me sleep. I tried so many different things like; warm milk, reading, putting on some soft music, but nothing happened.

I sat up in the bed and checked the time it was three-thirty in the morning. I got luke up to take him outside to go to the bathroom. The way down felt awkward because there wasnt anyone in the halls, it was dead silent. When luke was done i brought him back upstairs then decided to go to the bathroom myself.

I washed my hands, and went to the kitchen and made myself a small sandwich of peanut butter and grape jelly. My stomach was rumbling so i started talking to my stomach trying to tell it your gonna get food. I sat on the couch turned on the tv and ate my sandwich.

The next thing i knew i was opening my eyes looking around my surroundings. I saw that i was in my living room, on my couch. I sat up and looked at the little clock in the table, it was six-thirty.

It was seven-fourty five when i finished everything including my shower, and brushing my teeth. When i sat down at the table and had my coffee i read over the papers. I was getting to worked up over the trip i put the papers in my bag and took all my things with me to the car. I finally got my friend Sara to come and pick up luke for me while I was gone I left a note for Sara about the key under the mat to get in the apartment.

I fed luke and toke him out before i left him in the apartment to be picked up by sara in a little while. I was down stairs before i knew it putting my things in my little mazda. I got into the front seat and started the car taking the time to drive to the office.

When i got to the office i was greeted by someone who must have been a bell boy cause they were taking my things out of the trunk and walking over to a limo putting them in there. I was escorted into the building up to the office floor.