Chapter 2

A/N   This part in the manga is right before the battle of the trash dump.

     Last time:
     Kenma seeing Kuroo made her blush like crazy and jumped under her covers on her bed.

Kuroo who was also blushing yelled "YOUR A GIRL!?!"

     Kuroo P.O.V

     Shock filled his whole body as he stood there stiff as a board. Not moving and staring at Kenma who was peeking her head out of the blankets.

  "I'm sorry, Kuroo. I will understand if you don't want to be friends anymore. I'll just leave the team and you don't have to worry about seeing me again." She said in a whisper, where I had to strain to hear.

Quit? Did I hear her right? "Can you repeat that." I asked hoping she won't leave.

  "I said you don't have to be my friend anymore, and I'll just quit the team." She repeated where I could hear her.

What? She thinks that I don't want to be her friend just because of her gender.

  "Kenma I don't care what gender you are I will always be your friend. An. You can't quit the team, the team needs you." I told her looking her in the eyes.

I need you.

Wait. What did I just think? We're just friends.

  "Can you leave?" Wait she wants me to leave? "Why?" I asked still looking at her. "I need to get dressed."

As she said that I turned red remembering that she's still in her underwear. "Y-yeah." I stuttered walking out of her room and closing the door.

     Around two minutes later Kenma came out wearing the same pink tank top and some black shorts.

She motioned me downstairs to sit on the couch for a little talk. As I sat by Kenma on the sofa I just stared at her.

"Why did you hide this from me? From the team?" I asked waiting for an explanation. She just sighed and sat fully facing me.

  "When I was little everyone thought I was a boy. I didn't want to stand out so I pretended to be a boy. You thought I was a boy to so when you asked me to be on the boys volleyball team I accepted because you're my friend." Kenma explained looking at me.

I blushed at the word friend but felt stupid for not figuring out that she was a girl. I mean she did like wearing girls clothes.

Wait, so that one time when she got her shorts pulled down while we were playing.........

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't notice. I blushed at the memory.

  "Well your going to have to tell the team, you know that right." I told her as she nodded.

  "Good thing we're good at keeping secrets." I said as she turned to me shocked.

"What? We can't win without our setter. We need you Kenma, your a very valuable player. And besides I bet the guys won't care what gender you are." I stated as she just stared at me.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my neck and I realized she was hugging me. But it ended as soon as it happened and for some reason I didn't want it to end.

     Then I remembered why I came here in the first place. I walked over to my bag which I dropped at the door when I came in, I grabbed the card and walked back to her.

She looked at me curiously as I handed it to her. I sat back down as she started to open it.

As she reads it she stops and laughs suddenly at one of the comments that one of the team mates had written.

I've never heard her laugh before, it sounded like a melody to my ears. I blushed at how girly Kenma could actually be and how beautiful her laugh was.

  "Are you feeling better?" I decided to ask trying to hide my red face. "Yeah I am, thanks for asking. And thank you for being my friend Kuroo." She replied giving me a real smile.

I blushed even more than before as she just laughed. "Your face is red maybe I got you sick." She said still laughing.

Man I wish moments like this never had to end. And for the rest of the night me and Kenma just talked about random things ranging from video games to aliens.

     Next day      No one P.O.V

     Today was an ordinary day for everyone but some big news was coming for the boys volleyball team.

As everyone got dressed and entered the gym they saw none other than Kenma and Kuroo.

  "What's going on?" Everyone asked as they walked towards the duo. "Kenma has some news for everyone." Kuroo said taking a step back.

Everyone turned their attention on Kenma. "Um............well to be honest I'm actually a girl." Kenma said looking at the floor.

Silence filled the whole gym you could hear a pen drop. "I knew it, you guys owe me 20 dollars." Lev said breaking the silence. Kenma looked up surprised and had shock all over her face.

"Ya we could have guessed that by your love of girls clothes and mood swings one week every month." Yaku said handing lev a 20 dollar bill.

  "Well everyone except for Kuroo because he's kind of dense." Lev stated earning him a deadly glare from Kuroo.

  "See Kenma they don't care that your a girl." Kuroo said turning his gaze towards the girl. Kenma just gave Kuroo the biggest smile he's ever seen.

Then practice returned to normal and ended with Kuroo walking Kenma home.

     Kenma's house   Kenma's P.O.V

     "Bye Kuroo see you tomorrow." I said waving with a smile on my face.

Truthfully I feel more cheerful that some people actually know that I'm a girl.

I closed the door and walked up the stairs to my room. I sat down on my bed thinking about how Kuroo was right.

Then a ding on my phone brought me out of my thoughts signaling that I have a new message.

I looked at my phone and saw it was Kuroo who texted. I opened it and the text said,

Hey Kenma don't forget we have a volleyball game the day after tomorrow. Be prepared to win and don't stress about your secret. Me and the team will have your back ok.

He means the practice match we have on Sunday. I almost forgot about that. Who are we playing again?

Oh yea some school named Karasuno. I wonder if their good? Well this should be fun I thought as I curled up and started playing a game on my phone.