Chapter 3

No one P.O.V

Today was the day of the practice match between Karasuno and Nekoma. The volleyball team was loading the bus getting ready to leave.

     It was early morning and everyone was complaining that they need more sleep. After everything was packed everyone sat down ready for the game.

     Guess who was the lucky one to sit by the girl of the group? Yup, none other than Kuroo.

           Kuroo P.O.V

"Can I sit here with you?" Asked a familiar voice. I looked up to see Kenma staring at me and tugging on her shirt.

     "Y-yeah." Why did I stutter? Whatever it doesn't matter. She then sat down beside me and looked outside sleepily.

     She must be very tired. What time do girls get up in the morning to get ready? I'm pretty tired too, I thought looking out the window as the bus started to move.

     After a couple of minutes into the bus ride I felt something on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Kenma with her head on my shoulder, eyes closed telling me she was asleep.

     Wow Kenma looks really peaceful and innocent. Almost like a cute baby kitten, I thought blushing as I started to feel really sleepy.

     Then I leaned on Kenma's head careful not to wake her and fell into my own world of dreams.

*Time skip presented by Baby Kittens*

I felt a jerk that had woke me from my sleep that told me we had arrived at our destination.

     I noticed that half of the team was already off of the bus including Kenma. I stood up and got off the bus and started to look for a familiar Pudding head but was nowhere in site. "Hey guys where's Kenma?"

         Kenma's P.O.V
Great. Just great. I went looking for the ladies room to use the bathroom and ended up getting lost.

     I have my bag and phone so I should probably text Kuroo to come find me. I looked around and sat down on a concrete step and put down my bag.

     I took out my phone and texted Kuroo to come and find me because I don't know where I am.

     He just replied with I'm coming. So while I wait I opened one of my games to pass the time.

     After about a couple of minutes I started to hear footsteps coming my way. I took a small glance to the side and instead of seeing messy black hair it was bright orange.

     I looked back at my phone thinking he would just walk pass me. Instead I feel a tap on my shoulder and once again look away from my game to face the orange haired boy.

       "Hey I'm kinda lost and was wondering if you could help me. What is a girl doing alone out here, are you lost too?" He said giving me a questioning look.

     Wait he called me a girl, that's the first time a boy actually noticed I was a girl. I look at him fully and looked to see on his shirt it said Karasuno High School.

     This maybe one of the volleyball players, that means if he knows I'm a girl I can't play against them.

      So to stay on the team and hide my gender, I said "I'm a boy and yes I'm lost." He just looked at me confused and then seemed to fall for what I said.

     He then looked on the other side of me and to my bag. His face lighted up as he asked "Are those volleyball shoes? Do you play volleyball?" All I did was nod.

     Then he started to introduce himself. "I'm Hinata Shoyo, nice to meet you." He said waiting for me to do the same. "Kozume Kenma." I mumbled looking back to my game I was playing.

     He smiled widely and started bugging me about what game I was playing, my high score, my character, etc...

     Then after about ten minutes of him constantly talking I heard a familiar voice. "Kenma, come on we have to get ready." The voice of Kuroo said snapping my focus to him.

     I quickly packed my bag and stood up and started walking. "See you soon." I told the orange haired spiker as I walked towards Kuroo.

      "Thanks." I told him as we walked back to the team. For some reason he seemed mad and upset. I wonder if he's ok.

    Game time Kuroo P.O.V

Official warm ups were just starting as the team started getting ready. I looked on the other side of the net and saw him.

     He was the one talking to Kenma earlier that day. For some reason I just don't like him.

     The whistle blows as we gather in a circle. "We're like the blood in our veins, we must flow without stopping. Keep the oxygen moving and your mind working." I say to the team just like every time before a game.

     Suddenly we heard a snort and giggling as we turn to look at Kenma. Hearing the angelic laugh every boy was crimson red.

     "What's so funny?" I ask looking at her laughing figure. "Well the whole 'blood in our veins...' thing makes you look stupid to be honest." She said calming down as we were motioned to the court.

     I stare at the orange haired boy as I kept thinking, Let the game begin.

Sorry if this sucks it's my first story and I don't know if I should keep going or just quit. Tell me what you think.