The first letter

*Next morning....Or rather afternoon*

The first thing Denise did after opening her eyes was reading the letters.

17th April 1996,
North Carolina

My darling Melissa,
Where are you? How much ever I try I cannot seem to find you. I just can't. Not in the depth of the blue whirling ocean, not in heights of the never-ending skies, not in the lost surroundings of the still forests, nor in my dying soul.

I lost you Melissa. I lost your picture( A/N picture here means the image in his heart. I do not mean it literally) I lost the image of your smile which made my heart fluttered, I lost the image of the oceanic beauty of your calm-stormy grey eyes which made me lose in their sanity, I lost the image of your body which swayed gently against mine; I also lost my heart to your angelic beauty.

Your picture was locked, locked deep in the sagacity of my heart. But the key of the ruthless time opened the door; the door of my heart and took your imprisoned picture; your memories away from me. First it took away the memory of the way you laughed, then it took away the memory of the way your your eyes shined under the radiant moon. One by one it took away every memory of yours and now the door of my heart remains unlocked, the emptiness awaits your return.

Come back. Please.

Yours,
Noah.

At first she was shocked at the fact that a man could write so enticingly. Then she cried because she could not believe if someone could love anyone this much.
Like the sharp edges of a sword, the words tore her heart apart once again, but this time in a beautiful yet heartbreaking way, because she knew, however long her life is; no one will ever love her the way Noah loved Melissa.