Consequences

It was after nightfall by the time I made it back to the guildhall. I had a black eye, and bloody knuckles, but other than that I was unscathed. Glaring around the main hall, I found an empty table, and threw myself down on the bench. "Man, I'm tired." I groaned, throwing an arm over my eyes. I heard footsteps approaching, but ignored them. It was just the Master, probably wanting to know how it went.

"Gajeel, how was your mission? Did you take care of the trash?" Jose asked, sounding as disinterested as I was.

"Yeah, yeah. Those idiots won't be trying to steal from us again, they know who's in charge of this town." I didn't bother sitting up, or moving my arm. I thought I smelled someone else close by, but when I peeked out, I didn't see anyone.

"Good, that's good. But, I was talking about the Fairies... Did you eliminate any of those?" There was something menacing behind his voice, and I got really still. "Didn't see any," I grumbled.

Suddenly, I started feeling light headed. I couldn't focus, and my arm fell from my eyes. I looked up to see Aria, standing over me with both hands around my head. The fool was crying, for some reason... As he pulled his hands away, I realized he must have just drained away my magic. I tried to stand up, but just ended up rolling off the bench into the floor.

"Not so tough now, are ya, ya little bastard?" I couldn't place the voice, and my nose seemed to be clogged. I stopped worrying about it when the first boot collided with my ribs. I coughed, and tried to push myself up to fight back, but there was no strength left in my arms. C'mon, dammit! Get up Gajeel! I yelled at myself, but it was pointless. Aria's magic had taken down stronger enemies than me. I felt a strong hand grab my foot, dragging me into the middle of the room. As they dropped me, I looked up and saw Master Jose still sitting at the table, an evil smirk on his face. But, then my vision was blocked by more feet, and I curled up to protect my face from the kicks and punches that were raining down on me.
"Weakling! Letting Fairies go!"
"Pansy, couldn't fight a little girl and her friends!"
"Thought you were so tough!"
I tried to memorize the voices of my attackers, but as I blacked out, I could only think of that blue haired little bitch, and her idiot friends. I hate them. I'll never make the mistake of sparing them again...