Meetings.

Alia P.O.V.

Three months. Three long, tiring, boring months. The hardest three months of my entire life!

There had been a period of three years that I had to go months at a time without seeing him, but I had never gone this long without speaking to him. Not since we met.

I was four when I met him, my best friend. Still, I remember it as though it were yesterday.

I was sat in the corner of a big room, bored. My parents had forced me to come because I had got into a fight with my sister so I wasn't allowed to stay at home with my older siblings. There was nothing for me to do, so I had been sat in this same place since we had been here.

When I get bored, I like to explore. I got up from my corner and started walking around, not noticed by any of the adults as I slipped through legs. Unfortunately, I couldn't see that well as I moved through the sea of people so didn't see the stairs until I almost fell down them.

Before I could though, a hand caught a hold of mine and pulled me back up. As soon as I was on my feet, the hand left mine. I turned to see a boy smiling at me. 'Careful, stairs hurt.'

'Thanks. 'M Alia. Taru naam su che?' I asked. He looked at me like he didn't understand and then I remembered Papa telling me that not everybody speaks Gujarati. 'What's your name?'

'Oh, I'm Varun. Varun Dhawan.' He put a hand out and I shook it like I'd seen my parents do. 'Toh, friends?'

'Okay, friends.'

Since that day, he's been catching me. I have an unfortunate habit of tripping over my own feet, but he's always been there to stop me from hitting the floor so it's not so bad.

I've known him eighteen years and I've hardly gone three weeks without speaking to him in all these years. These past three months have been torture.

But, the torment will soon be over. Tomorrow, I finally get to talk to him again, see him again. I can barely even sleep, I'm that excited.

Not even twenty-four hours until I'll meet my best friend for the first time in three months, two weeks and four days.

Yes, I kept count. Don't judge me.

I fell asleep thinking of him.

Thinking of Varun.

Varun P.O.V.

The first day of filming for my first ever movie and, instead of being excited or nervous, I was upset and worried sick. I wasn't worried about the film, I was worried about my best friend. I know I should be focusing on the movie but I haven't spoken to Alia once in the past three months and, despite her parents' assurances that she's fine, I'm really worried. Not to mention, I want to tell her about the movie. She'd be so excited, probably bouncing off the walls.

All morning I've been calling her but, just like everyday for the past three months, two weeks and five days, she hasn't answered a single call.

I called her again as I walked from the car park towards Karan's office, waiting as it dialed and counting the rings. When it hit fourteen, I knew I was about to be sent to voicemail again.