Houseshare

OKAY, WARNING: FUCKING MATURE. AND I MEAN MATURE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THAT, STOP READING WHEN THEY KISS.

Varun P.O.V.

'Alia, can you please explain to me why you're panicking so much? You're going on a date with a guy that you've been seeing for three months.' I asked as my best friend went through outfits, trying to figure out what to wear.

'I may have been seeing him for three months but I've always managed to persuade him not to pick me up from home.' she told me, chucking aside yet another dress.

'Dude, what's wrong with that dress? I thought you like that dress?' I questioned, picking up said item of clothing and returning it to the hanger like I had with each of the previously discarded outfits.

'I do like that dress but it's not the kind of thing I'd wear on a date.' Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with it; then again I had bought it so I was bound to be biased towards it.

'I think any guy would love to see you in a dress like that but whatever floats your boat.' I told her with a shrug.

'Is that why you bought it then? Cause you want to see me in it?' she teased, grinning cheekily at me. I immediately went red, not wanting to admit that was the exact reason I had purchased the red dress that was still in my hands. Though Alia didn't know it, I'd had a crush on her since forever and I may be slightly in love with my best friend but nobody need know about that. If she ever finds out, it'd mess up everything between us which is why I've suffered through years of her wasting her time with one idiot guy after another, waiting for the day when one of those idiots would turn out to be Mr. Perfect and sweep her of her feet, leaving me all alone. But, as that day's yet to come, I'm going to continue to play the game I've become an expert at: bantering with Alia.

'Well, I'm a normally functioning male in his mid-twenties, of course I'd love to see you in it but, alas, I'll never be so lucky.' I sighed. She laughed at my dramatics, seemingly having forgotten about the panic that had consumed her earlier.

'Are you forgetting that you have seen me in this dress, several times?' she queried, referring to the many times she had worn the dress to parties and family events that we had attended together.

'Okay, fine, I have had the extremely good fortune of seeing you in that wonderful dress. Now, explain why this dress is not date worthy?'

'Well, it is date worthy, but just not for this date.' I raised an eyebrow, curious as to why she was suddenly fidgety. 'I mean, it's a beautiful dress and my favourite, but it's not exactly casual clothing.'

'Right, but weren't you the one complaining about how he never takes you on casual dates? It's always nice restaurants and fancy dinners.'

'Ugh! You can never just drop a subject can you?' she snapped frustratedly. 'I just don't want to wear this dress on a date with Sid, or anyone for that matter.'

'So then we're back to why is this dress not date worthy?'

'Actually, I think the question I'd like the answer to is why you're so eager for me to be wearing your favourite dress on a date with another guy?' she queried, easily turning the situation around so I was the one with no answers.

'Well, see, it's not exactly like that, it's more that I was wondering why it got tossed aside so quickly.' I fumbled with my words, trying to justify myself.

'Because I know that you would be all sulky with me for wearing it.'

'No I wouldn't.'

'Yes you would because then you would think it isn't as special anymore.' Damn, she knows me well.