Chapter 7

POV Quinn.

I hit the soles of my Vans against the wooden floor. The young secretary doesn't stop looking at me with interest. Why did I agreed to do this? I had to have said no to my father. After approaching here on Monday, the secretary had made me an appointment for today, Thursday, right after my time in college. I am grateful not to have classes on Friday, it has been a horrible week. Among the university , study, overtime at work and the little sleep I had because of all the concerns that are in my mind, I've been more stressed than ever. I expected to take the documents as soon as possible, I have to bring my father but I never thought I had to make an appointment. Furthermore, to make things worse, I have to take the car to Jared's garage right after I finish this. I have struggled with my parents to let me the car today to come to college but I made it.

I look at my wristwatch loosing my nerves and place over my shoulder the suspender of the dungaree that dropped. I hope this doesn't take long, I don't feel like facing the rector. The girl behind the desk gets a call and gets up from his chair. The short skirt and small shirt she is wearing makes all my thought true. I know why she's working here

"Come with me, please" she asks politely.

I get up from the chair with my big purse in hands and follow the young woman so close. We go through a long corridor that has nothing to do with the college I'm studyin in and I only hear the girl heels slamming against the wooden floor. She stops a few steps ahead and calls the small glass door that 's in front of her. A male voice allows the access before the girl opens the door.

"Miss Parker is here" she announces.

"Thank you, Caroline" the man thanks.

She pulls away and let me pass. I appreciate the detail with a smile and stand in front of the door but I don't enter the room. I was stunned when I see a young man behind a large heavy wooden desk. I'm sure it's a little bit younger than my father and I am surprised when he smiles at me with so much charm.

"What do you want, Miss Parker?"

I like him being that polite. I close the door behind me and I get to one of the chairs in front of him while gleaning the permission that my father gave me on Sunday . When I find it completely wrinkled in the bottom, I place it right in front of him.

"I'm looking for the record of Harry... " I look for the name on the paper "Styles"

The man tends his tanned hand on the table and takes the paper. I put the bag on my lap and play with the zipper. I'm nervous but I try not to show it, as always. I have to fix the car before going through the station to leave the file and that makes me more nervous. I'll have to hide it well if I don't want Jared to find it. The chancellor looks at the paper with interest and frowns after reading it.

"It sounds serious, doesn't it?" he ask looking up .

I nod twisting my lips. It is too serious and I fear for my physical  He leaves the paper over the documents on the table and presses a button of the modern phone.

"Caroline, find the file of Harold Edward Styles, please" he says at the microphone.

"Of course, sir"

He released the button and leans back on the chair. This squeaks and I cannot avoid wrinkling my nose. I hate that kind of sounds.

"She will come in about five minutes"

"Great, thanks very much for everything" I smile.

"Anything else you want to know about the campus or your classes?" he questions as he plays with a pen between his fingers.