Chapter 32

POV Quinn.

The bell above the door there sounds when I push it. The heat and the smell of coffee in the cafe fill me completely. I smile helplessly and remove the beanie that covers my head. I wasn't expecting to meet Zac so I could avoid Harry's theme  but I want to talk to him and hang out. I didn't have class all day today, I could take the morning to finish some projects and also study a bit. Not much left until Christmas holidays and I get the feeling that I won't study enough during those weeks in Ireland with my family and Zac's.

I unbutton my bulky coat as I look for an empty table. It seems that the cold weather has attracted more customers to the place so that almost all the tables are occupied. I rise on my tip toes and I spot an empty table the farthest from the entrance. With the jacket over my arms, I get the way to the table. The soles of my shoes hit the marble ground when I get the table. I sit in one of the couches and leave my bag with the coat in the corner of it. I look at the watch around my wrist, Zac cannot be long in coming. I pull my phone out of my pants pocket and land it on the table. I look at the black screen that hasn't been on all day making the emptiness in my heart get a little bit bigger. A small part of me thought that Harry would ignore my plan and end up doing what he went but this time it seems that he has decided to follow my requests. Therefore, I feel sad and slightly... alone. We have been much closer to each other over the past week which means I miss him every time we drift apart.

But this is for my sake and for his. It's the best thing that can happen to both of us.

"Hey, princess" a familiar voice says beside me.

I give a little jump on the couch at the unexpected greet. I was so immersed in my thoughts that I haven't noticed the presence of Zac right next to me. I find his bright eyes and big smile suspicious.

"Don't call me that"

I roll my eyes when he laughs. He takes a seat in front of me leaving the brown leather jacket on the couch. The short sleeve shirt that he is wearing adheres more closely to his body than other times.

"You used to be the princess when we were small and still are"

He winks at me while my cheeks turn red. Too cheeky of his part.

"You're very flirty today, something noteworthy happened?"

I put my phone on a corner of the table when he joins his hands over it. His eyes and his mischievous smirk give me a hint about what might happen.

"I'm meeting your classmate Kate in a couple of hours" he explains.

I wrinkle my nose. That is disgusting and horrible. I keep my threat to never approach him if something happens between them. Furthermore, the fact that he has confused her name doesn't play much in his favor but neither should matter so much to her.

"It's Caroline"

He rolls his eyes as a smile forms on his lips.

"Whatever"

The waitress approaches us to ask about what we are going to take. As always, I ask for a large coffee with milk and Zac asks for the same. I think he will have a long night ahead and he will need energies to endure over an hour with Caroline.

"Have you talked to your mother about the trip?" I question.

I want to avoid the subject of Harry as much as possible. If he has to go so soon, it is most likely not get to talk about it and that causes me relief. Zac is my best friend but I need to distract my body and mind of the guy who has completely made me feel lost.

"She is so happy to see you all in three weeks" he replies.

I smile uncontrollably. My mother will be very happy to see her again after all these years and that's enough to make me happy too.