nine

at this sudden confession, taehyung looked down at jungkook's clothes and hands, examining the dried blood.

"so that's not your blood...?"

"no," jungkook said quietly. "it's his."

"what'd you do with the body?"

"it's still there. it was a spur of the moment thing. he had finished screaming at junghoon and junghee and he was just sitting there in his chair and i just... stabbed him."

"wh–"

"at least twenty times."

"jungkook." taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. "you could go to jail."

"not if they don't catch me," he mumbled.

taehyung sighed and ran his hands through his hair. he thought for a minute before speaking.

"okay, um, you need to change your clothes and wash your hands. when the bell rings, we'll get the twins and go to my house, okay?"

"okay." jungkook nodded, looking down at his feet.

"hey, jungkook," taehyung said softly, lifting the boy's chin up.

jungkook looked at taehyung with tears in his eyes.

"don't cry. it's going to be okay." he wiped jungkook's cheeks with his thumbs, getting rid of the fallen tears.

"i'm just scared, taetae... i'm so scared."

"i know you are. it's okay. i'm here for you, okay?"

"okay," he choked out.

taehyung kissed jungkook, gently caressing his face. he murmured soft reassurances between each small kiss, wanting to ease his nerves.