Chapter Ten

Matthew walked beside Alfred as they left the school building. He shifted his bookbag to a more comfortable position on his back as he had to carry it all the way to Alfred's house since they were walking.

"So, how far of a walk is it?" Matthew asked.

"Oh, not far," Alfred replied, "It takes me about fifteen minutes to get home."

Matthew nodded.

"So, do you like video games?" Alfred asked.

Matthew shrugged, "Sure, they're okay."

"Oh," was all Alfred said, and they fell silent.

For a moment at least, then Alfred suddenly groaned.

"What's wrong?" Matthew asked.

"Aw man, I completely forgot!"

"Forgot what?"

"About that prank we were talking about!" Alfred exclaimed, "Now we can't do it because my dad is going to totally see you! Unless we-"

"No," Matthew interrupted, "Let's forget about that okay?"

"Aw you're no fun," Alfred pouted, "Fine...hey wait, we turn left here."

For the rest of the walk they chatted about random things, like how the art teacher was crabbier than usual that day and how the lunch wasn't that great, stuff like that.

"Hey Al?"

"What?"

"Could I look at that photo again?"

"Photo?"

"Yeah, you know, the one we talked about at lunch..."

"Oh, yeah sure."

Alfred grabbed the photograph of Francis and Arthur from his pocket and handed it to Matthew. Matthew looked at it again, but this time he noticed something that he didn't notice when he first saw it.

"You're dad's wearing a ring."

Alfred looked at Matthew confused, "What?"

"See look, there on his finger. It...it looks like an engagement ring."

"Wait what? Lemme see." Alfred took the photo out of Matthew's hand, "Whoa, he does. He doesn't wear one anymore though. Who...?"

Matthew thought for a minute, then it hit him. "Papa. Er...Francis. I think it was him."

Alfred was silent for a moment, "Maybe..."

"It makes sense, just think about it."

"Ha! You said 'aboot.'"

"Shut up."

"Fine. But you totally said it."

"Whatever."

The duo fell into silence once again.

"So we know our parents were more than likely together, and then something happened and they split," Matthew thought out loud, "But I'm just confused about something..."

"What?" Alfred asked, making Matthew jump as he hadn't realized he was speaking out loud.

"Oh, um, just where we fit into all of this," Matthew answered, "I mean, it's pretty obvious what happened between our fathers, but what about us? I mean, I lived here with papa before we moved. And if he moved because of Arthur, your dad, then...wouldn't I have known him? And you?"

Alfred blinked, "Well...I don't know. This is already making my head hurt. Look dude, I still say that we should stay out of all this. Just let whatever happens happen. Maybe we find out this stuff, maybe not. Who cares?"

Cancelled - Who Are You? (A Hetalia Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें