Chapter 1 *

"Sienna? The bell has rung." My Algebra teacher said looking over her glasses at me. She was one of those teachers that pick students to like and lets just say that I was not one of those students. She proves this by glaring at me like I’m a piece of scum on the sidewalk any chance she gets.

I shook my head to clear it as I gathered my belongings and exited the class. I wondered how long In had been zoning out before she decided to tell me because it appeared that the whole school was completely empty.  Even though school had ended I was in no hurry to head home lets just say I could use a little less family time. The library at my school was open for another hour so like most days I headed over there. Walking into the library felt like I was walking into my home. I would rather be here anytime than being at my house.

"Sienna, back again? Pretty soon we won't anymore books for you." Mrs. Peggy, the librarian, said looking up from her work and giving me a smile. Mrs. Peggy was my favorite person in this school because she didn’t judge me because of my background and the fact that my family was exactly rich.

I gave her a polite smile and a laugh as I headed on back to the section where the fiction books were stored. I looked through every shelf, just as I had everyday for the past week, trying to find this one book. Most people didn’t come into this section of the library so I was amazed that I hadn’t found it yet. I had started reading it but couldn’t check it out that day and it seems that it has just gone up into thin air.

Craning my head back I saw a glimpse of the author’s name. I hardly ever had a reason to smile so it felt strange when a gigantic grin lit up my face. When I finally saw it, I was amazed at how high up it was even on the tips of my toes my fingers were still half a foot away from touching the book.. I was standing there stretched out to the limit trying to reach this book, when I felt a body behind me. It was confirmed when I saw a hand reach up and grab the book I was reaching for when the hand came close to my face I flinched out of habit and the person’s hand hesitated in the air for a second.

"Here," came a gruff voice from behind me, even just knowing that someone was so close to me sent a nervous shiver down my spine. Once I heard the voice my mind went into a panic as I realised how close this guy was to me. I felt my hands starting shake as scenarios were running through my head.

Slowly turning around to grab the book, revealed that a young guy that seemed about my age stood behind me. He had tan skin, which to me was strange because we were in New England and it was the middle of winter. His hair was just long enough to cover his ears and was the color of dark chocolate. The thing that really pulled it together would have to be his eyes. It was just astonishing how blue they were and how they popped out against his skin. Just looking at how attractive this guy was made me feel more plain than usual. I went to glance down at my hands and I saw a name stitched into the side of his jacket. Reynolds. The name clicked in my head and I immediately knew who this was, Markus Reynolds.

He was the guy at my school that girls declared "a gift from the gods." There was no denying that he was attractive, but to me that was taking it a little too far. Even though he looked flawless that was all a cover-up from what I’ve heard about him.

The only flaws about him were because of his personality. Being a guy and admired by all the girls caused him to become a player or atleast thats my reasoning behind it. Every week he had a new girl on his arm, but none lasted much longer than that. Even though they knew it wouldn't last long, they still broke down when he chose a new girl. It surprises me that he can practically snap his fingers and get whatever girl he wants.  

This all started happening two years ago when his father died, which had left Markus in charge of his gang. This gang had been located in our town for years and no one ever tried to go against it because it kept most of the trouble away from our little town and they never really used violence to sort anything out unless people’s lies were in danger. It was started by Markus' grandfather and once he died, it was then passed down to his son. When the leadership was passed down, every member gave up his spot to their eldest son.  There had never been a girl inside of the gang, but if you’re married to one or dating a member you would be given all the information you needed to know. The gang members and their families were a very tight knit group and hardly talked outside of the group except for the kids in school.

Snapping back to reality, I blinked repeatedly and looked up at him. He was gazing down at me with a look filled with concern and a little bit of confusion. My cheeks bloomed into a blush which was very deep from what I could tell by the heat racing underneath my skin. I could tell he noticed the blush because he had a little smirk on his face. Uncomfortable with being looked at so long I turned my gaze to the ground.

"Are you okay? You kind of zoned out there for a minute." Markus said taking another step closer to me. My head snapped up and I took a step back in surprise because it actually sounded like he cared, but that could never be true.

I could feel the blush creeping up my neck again as I nodded and turned my gaze to face the floor. My hand reached for the book he was still holding, but never managed to reach it. He had grabbed my arm, managing to land on top of a bruise that I got the night before. Even though he was being gentle, pain still raced through my arm. I bit my lip to hold in a whimper afraid that he would start asking questions and demanding answers.

"How did you do that?" He asked looking down. Now it was my turn to be confused.

Looking down I noticed that a part of my sweater had risen up. It was just up enough to reveal a tiny part of a purple and black bruise that covered nearly all of my forearm. My mind had completely frozen, but my heart started beating twice as hard. I almost wondered if he could hear it like I could. My mind went blank as I tried to make up a story that would explain this.

"Umm...uh...it's nothing. I...uh...fell. Yeah that's it I fell." I barely managed to stammer out, facing the ground. I knew that he would never believe that. He was probably trained to figure out when people were lying to him.

I knew that if I had looked into his eyes I would have blurted everything out. I slowly tugged my arm away from him. I felt his fingers drag over my skin and my arm fell back to my side. There was an awkward pause and I could feel his presence become more intimidating the longer we stood there without talking.

"Sorry...I...uh...have to go." I said remembering that Father was always a lot nicer when dinner was waiting on the table for him. I would rather have him slightly nicer than fully pissed off like usual.

I grabbed the book from his hand and shoved it into my bag. After checking it out with Mrs. Peggy I exited the school and felt Markus’ gaze on me the whole time out of the building. As much as I would like to say that it creeped me out, it didn’t. I felt like he was trying to protect which couldn’t be true because I was nothing like any of his girls, so why would he want me to be safe? I walked home as quick as I could, only to find that I wasn't fast enough.

______________________________________________________

so im having trouble coming up with ideas with the story so i decided to edit and add stuff

LOVE YOU <3