Chapter 14*

Sienna P.O.V

After Markus stormed out yelling at people through his phone, he sped off on his bike. When he first left I sat by the window in the kitchen watching him drive off, thinking to myself why did I have to let lose my biggest secret? That was five hours ago.

Not knowing what to do or what to think I'm just sitting there on his bed staring at nothing. My mind has been racing, but instead of thinking about everything horrible that’s happened to me, I was reliving all of the memories I’ve had with Markus. The one thought in my mind that really stood out was how thankful I was for Markus deciding to help me in the library that first day.

Mikaela has been in and out of the room for hours trying to calm me down, but just knowing that at this very moment something terrible could happen to him had my heart going out of control. I felt like even though he was keeping me safe, that I should try to keep him as safe as I could a a bit of a thank-you.

Glancing over at the clock to my right, I see that its already five at night. He's been gone for seven hours now. Mikaela came up a few minutes ago with something to eat, but even thinking about eating anything while I don’t know if he’s safe at night, made my stomach roll.

Hearing a pair of feet come up the stairs sent my heart fluttering, but in my brain I knew that it wasn't Markus. It would be Mikaela again trying to have me eat or trying to have a conversation with me again.  The door to the room opened and someone whispered my name.

My heart clenched as I heard a voice that didn't belong to Markus or Mikaela. It was Brody. My heart all but stopped because knowing that something happened between me and him last night worried me thinking that he was going to tell me to stay away from him and that he would never even think about liking me.

I turned my head slightly so that he would know I was listening. I heard him let out a deep sigh and immediately expected the worst.

"Markus is in the hospital." Hearing this sentence my head whipped around so fast that I would have thought it would spin right off.

"He's in a coma."