Prologue

Hey all you Raptor Folk! Thanks for reading my 2nd book of my Jurassic World Fanfic series! If you haven't read the first one, then by all means, check it out! Its called 'The Scars that Define me'.

Enjoy :3

____________

1989.

It was pouring heavily with rain, soaking his trench coat. He watched the two lovers smile and laugh, their souls almost blinding as they shone.

He could see them in the boys bedroom, sitting on the bed, posters and bits of newspaper articles stuck to the wall.

In this lifetime, the boys name was Kyle. He didn't look any different to how he remembered them. As he watched closely, his muscles ached as he missed him. Missed being his friend. Missed being brothers. He left cold and lonely out in the rain, his wings sagging behind him, drenched.

The girls name, Alice. She had dyed her hair a beautiful blond, going well with her pale skin.

He looked in to the nights sky, watching the droplets of rain. He knew what was going to happen. She was going to die. That's what always happened. She never lived past eighteen, and her birthday was today.

Alice leaned into Kyle, softly kissing him. Their souls burned brightly, making him squint in the rain. The kiss was full of love and passion; a raw and natural emotion that you never saw anymore.

He tucked his hands into the pocket of the trench coat, shaking his wings a little. It was soon, he could feel it. It was close.

Alice leaned back, looking at Kyle weirdly before her eyes rolled up into the back of her head, and she slumped to the bed. Still, no movements.

Dead.

Her heart had just stopped beating. No real reason; she was just cursed.

Her lifeless body toppled off from the bed, and Kyle stared at it in complete shock. He did not move. He was frozen stiff. Tears welled in his eyes as he slowly hopped off the bed and crouched beside the still Alice.

"Baby?" he asked softly, shaking her. "Alice, Baby, wake up.."

He felt her pulse, and sheer dread crossed his face. His eyes turned dark, as tears started to run down his cheeks.

"NO!" he roared, clawing at his face with such aggression, he left bloody scratches.

He sighed as he watched through the rain, his wings feeling heavier. He knew what Nathan was going to do.

He stumbled towards his bedside desk and opened the small draw at the bottom; a gun laying inside. It's silver shine almost hypnotising. He grabbed the weapon tightly, standing up. He pressed the gun to his forehead, closing his eyes and pulling the tigger.

A bang sounded, Kyle's head jerking violently as the bullet sunk through his skull. Blood sprayed the wall, and his body collapsed to the ground.

None of them survived. She always died. He always killed himself.

A woosh beside him caught his attention, and he turned his head to look at a figure standing next to him.

"Sad. It's horrible" said Azriel, standing by his side.

He looked to him, the rain still pouring down. He sighed, feeling somewhat better seeing his white haired and pale friend. His British accent was almost calming too. Black, tribal tattoos covered his lower arms, and they crept up under his sleeves.

His silver eyes pierced him.

"I know" he replied and he brushed some rain off his trench coat. "I've seen them die countless times."