Chapter Three - Can we just get there already?

~LEVI~

There's a low grumble from the beast, as I stare up at it with approving eyes.

It's werewolf. Three times my height, with a human body, but wolf feet, hands and head. It's covered in grey fur, it's golden eyes digging into me with such hate and rage, I wonder if it knows who I am.

It's behind a large wall of glass - bullet proof, and basically indestructible. A few others prowl around the back of the enclosure, snarling.

"Amanda?" I say, and she bristles from her position beside me.

"Y-Yes sir?"

I purse my lips before I speak. "What's with that one? In the far back?"

She trails her pale brown eyes to the back of the enclosure, with a scruffy human boy sitting there, eyes glowing a deep, burning azure blue. He has patch work hair - grey, white an black - with tan skin, quite muscled. He must be around his early twenties, with light scrub on his chin. He wears ragged pants, torn and caked with blood and filth. Those eyes of his are locked on to me.

Amanda pushes her thick-rimmed glasses up her nose. "He's one of the test subjects. One of the Special ones."

"Special ones?"

She nods. "Hoskins says that he has a small elite of men who track down certain people who are compatible with other creatures blood. You see, for some reason, they don't turn into horrid creatures like those -" she gestures to the grey one that's right against the glass, golden eyes digging into me, half wolf half man "- they are humans which can transform into the animal."

"I want to see him transform" I say, taking a step back from the glass.

"Just ask him."

I frown, turning to Amanda, who's hair is today up in a messy bun, a red curl in her eyes.

She bites a plump lip before she says. "He understands you. Just ask. And he will."

I turn to the boy, and I almost jump back as he is suddenly right before me on the other side of the glass. I stare at him, not sure what what to say as his cold, burning blue eyes dig into my skin.

"Wolfe" Amanda says, and the boy looks to her. "Change."

A ripple of movement - so fast yet so amazing to see - and then there's a giant wolf standing before me, it's fur a patchwork of greys, blacks and whites.

"Holy shit" I murmur, and Amanda shoots me a look at my language. "It's...huge. How is it that big?"

"We mixed the DNA with a large, four legged dinosaur with a sort of wolfish appearance. I don't know the name of it, but it had the body structure of a wolf. So they blended that in with wolf DNA, and now, he transforms into that."

"Are there anymore of these special people?"

Amanda nods. "Follow me."

~|~

"Is that what I think it is?"

She sits there, silver eyes on me, perched upon a rock formation. She's maybe in her late twenties, but her eyes look almost as if she had seen hundreds of years, like she is a millennia old. Ancient. Her thick golden hair spills out around her, her ends curling slightly. Her pale skin looks to be made of porcelain.

"Transform Kalikiel" Amanda instructs.

Her silver eyes narrow, before in a ripple of movement, in her place stands a giant creature. With a brown feathered eagles head, chest, neck and front feet, and the other half being lion. A griffin.