Chapter One - Glass, Blood and Nakedness

~RILEY~

It's been months.

And a whole heap of nothing.

Drake has been...well, Drake. Snarky, cocky, a little bit of a dickhead, but sometimes quiet, retreating inside himself. Over the few months, he's been teaching me how to Transform quickly, and how to fight in my Raptor form. I've been trying to catch on fire again, like I did...but it's not working.

Blue is now like my little sister. Sometimes a little annoying, but I love her fiercely.

Now, I am in the kitchen, cooking myself an omelet with cheese, chives and bacon inside it.

"Why is it always so quiet?"

I turn, smiling when I see Pickles. He's been visiting quite often. He's so young, fourteen or so, with a lean body, black hair, pale skin and glowing yellow eyes. I struggle to comprehend that he can morph into a giant Dragon.

"I can put music on" I say, turning back to my omelette.

"Your music? I'll pass."

I laugh softly, slipping my spatula under the omelette and flipping it over. "So what brings you here?"

"Boredom. Absolute boredom."

"I feel the same" I sigh.

"Where's Drake and Blue?" He asks, sitting up on the island bench.

He's wearing a thick, black coat, a blue shirt with a red Spider-Man symbol on it, with some jeans and sneakers. He reminds me of my cousin...I hardly saw them, but when I did, they used to always harras me. They were older than me. Teenagers. I don't know where they are now, not do I seem to care.

"They--"

I feel his presence before I see him.

He's sweaty, his shirt removed to reveal his tanned chest. He wipes his face with a towelette, wearing some sporting shorts. He sighs, looking up and seeing Pickles. His green eyes flash, his black hair hanging in his eyes. Oh god, he's so...

"Pickles."

The kid chuckles. "You always seem so disappointed when you see me."

"I'm not" he says, his voice not giving away what he's feeling. "I'm just tired. I ran a few hundred miles."

He snorts. "I can do thousands. In half the time."

Drake gives him a warning look.

"Hey" I say to Drake, pointing a finger at him. "Get out of this mood. Pickles is just a kid."

"I'm only, what? Two years younger than you!"

"Three."

"Shut up."

I let the omelet cook a little more, giving me time to breathe and clear my head. Drake makes me woozy. Makes my heart beat rapidly. Makes my raptor purr and want to break free.

"Any news from Thane or Az?" I ask, not looking at either boys.

Pickles shakes his head. "No. They're still getting schematics, reports, other little things that are needed." He pauses. "But I've heard rumours of one thing."

I slide the omelette onto a plate, grabbing a knife and fork. I place it in front of me, leaning on the island bench. I cut a piece off the omelette, putting it into my mouth. Intrigued, Drake leans forward on the bench, very close to me. I clear my throat, steading my heavy heartbeat.

Pickle leans forward, a slight smirk to his lips. "There's a new guy."

"New guy?" Drake asks, confused.