+two

SOFT!
part two the blue beanie.

     FIJI WAS ENVELOPED in her thoughts while looking out the window at the crowd of pedestrians loading onto the vehicle

     FIJI WAS ENVELOPED in her thoughts while looking out the window at the crowd of pedestrians loading onto the vehicle. she could tell that it wouldn't be too long before they arrived at school from the cherry blossoms that decorated the downtown area a couple of streets down from the campus.

however, she definitely wasn't looking forward to being there—she was there enough hours out of the week—but she was positive she would rather be staring at the walls obnoxiously covered in inspirational quotes by socrates and pretending to be interested in mr. yukimura's boring philosophy lecture, than be on public transportation.

her gaze was torn from the petals that were falling delicately from the pink trees she adored, when she felt the presence of someone sit next to her. when she turned to her left to the seat that was once unoccupied, the trace of annoyance she felt moments before was replaced by a slight sense of shock; the presence she felt was a boy.

it wasn't until she saw his eyebrows scrunch up, making his face form into a quizzical expression, that made her realize she had been staring at him.

"what are you staring at?" the boy questioned.

to be quite honest she couldn't help but stare. the way his royal blue beanie flopped perfectly atop his straightened hair, the way the morning sunlight made his brown eyes twinkle, and how his small lips slightly pocked out, made it hard not to.

she then tossed her silky dark brown hair over her shoulder lightly and turned away from the window so that her body faced him directly.

"you," fiji stated coolly,  shrugging it off as if she wasn't practically drooling over this complete stranger seconds ago.

he continued to give her look of utter confusion when he suddenly felt his cheeks being pushed up by her cold fingertips.

he questioned her yet again, "why are you touching my cheeks?"

"they looked so soft—they are!" she nearly shouted, ignoring the puzzled looks from those sitting in their proximity.

"thanks?" he muttered awkwardly just as the bus slowed to a stop directly in front of the already busy campus.

maybe the bus will be good for me after all.

✧・゚