+eight

SOFT!
part eight —dinner.

SOFT!part eight —dinner

THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON consisted of fiji's mother pestering her about how jimin was, why she denied hanging out with him, and when she would bring him over for dinner next.

"i haven't seen him in so long, do you know what classes he's taking this semester?" suki curiously asked, setting the table with forks and spoons neatly next to the pristine and colorful dishware she had brought with her from japan, before moving to korea.

it took all her might not to scoff at her mother for being so pushy. "i'm not sure okaasan, but i promise to have jimin over for dinner sometime soon, okay?" she said in efforts to get her mother off her back about her best friend.

jimin somehow caught her mother's eye when he had come over for their required science fair project where they came up with the idea to test out the making of crystals. despite everyone seeing her as strict and uptight at first glace, she found jimin's childlike enthusiasm and determination good characteristics in someone who would be good for her daughter. and she didn't fail to take note of how he looked at fiji in a passionate and sweet manner, much like any person should.

suki came from a strict family from osaka, japan. her mother and father took disciplining her very serious which caused her to be a less authoritative parent when she had children of her own. she wanted her children to feel safe, loved, and cared after. it only made since that she would want fiji to be with a person who treated her with respect.

"it smells good in here," her father, kwang seok spoke happily entering the room and waltzing over to give his wife a kiss on the cheek before taking his usual place at one end of the dinner table. "did i overhear something about jimin coming over for dinner?"

this time she couldn't help but laugh at how much her parents adored her little tangerine. "yes, abeoji. i'm going to invite him over for dinner sometime this week."

as her mother placed the gomguk on the table for everyone to enjoy, she pulled out her phone to text jimin as she was still in never-ending disbelief over the way her parents talk about him as if he's the stars in the night sky. at this point she was convinced they loved him more than her.

agua 🌊:
can my parents stop talking about u already? I'M SLEEP 😴 btw ur coming over for dinner sometime this week oops

smol tangerine 🍊:
i can't help that i'm THIS cute 🤔 but smh what are u saying oops for??? u know i'm hype! suki what's for dinner???

agua 🌊:
stop being annoying 🙄🙄

fiji had barely touched her soup before her phone buzzed again. while the conversation was dull as her mother and father were talking about the stock market and what was going on with the new accountant at his firm, she didn't feel guilty texting at the dinner table.

confusion washed over her as she looked at the preview message on her screen from an unknown number, when she was expecting it to be from jimin.

+010-436-2175:
ayy lmao

  ✧・゚

a/n: wow finally!  i'm sorry i left you guys so long with no update /: i hope you enjoy it nevertheless. ALSO fiji's mom is from japan but her dad is from korea so that's why she uses both korean and japanese formal words for "mom" and "dad". AND thank you for 3k reads wtf ya'll are so cute. I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH.

-moon