chapter Four

Sadiq

I woke up as soon as a ray of the morning sun threatened to make me blind. I had a terrible hang over, my head was pounding and I wanted to puke, or die, I just really hated hang overs.

I tried to stand up but I felt a weight on my arm and an unfamiliar warmth. I looked down to see a womans' body next to me. She wore a hair net and her face was buried against the side of my chest.

What the heck. Did I bring her home with me? I never bring women home.

I just knew Aaliyah was going to kill me once she found out. Although she did bring a man to our home too, but she didn't let him sleep over. Yes, I was positive she was going to kill me.

I looked down under the blanket and I was relieved to know that I was still fully dressed, but the relief washed away immediately knowing that whether anything happened or not, wouldn't matter.

Aaliyah would be pissed over the fact that I had brought home and slept with a woman, and hell she might even cry. God knows I hated it when she cried, it always made me feel like a monster.

But why the hell did I care about Aaliyah. Our marriage was not even real. Maybe legally it was, but between me and her it was only an agreement that was soon to come to an end.

She wasn't going to get pissed because I had cheated or something, it would only because I was ruining her 'reputation'.

''wake up,'' I hissed, tapping the woman next to me. She started to move, and then she groggily sat up and stretched before turning to look at me.

Our eyes met, her eyes widened and do did mine.

''what the fuck Aaliyah,'' I jumped off the bed immediately and simultaneously she said, ''inalillahi,'' and as she tried to jump off the bed she fell down on her butt.

She didn't waste time on the floor, instead she stood up and checked the clock on the bedside table, the batteries and then her wristwatch. She mumbled something under her breath before standing half straight, avoiding my eyes.

''what are you doing here?'' I asked after what seemed like forever.

''em, you were drunk and drunk and i..'' she stuttered while fiddling with the hem of her sleeves.

''I know I was drunk, can you just cut to the chase?'' I asked struggling to keep my cool.

She dropped her hands to her sides and heaved a sigh, '' you pleaded with me to stay and I was only going to stay until you fell asleep but I don't know how I fell asleep.''

It was very believable that I pleaded with her to stay with me. I knew what ind of drunk I was. It was typical of 'drunk' me to do something so stupid. So typical of 'ass me', I opened my mouth to apologize but instead a chuckle escaped my mouth.

''I'm sorry,'' she said suddenly looking straight into my eyes, sending a cold shiver down my spine, '' I know I may seem stupid to you or maybe even desperate, but I was only trying to help''

She pulled her lips into a thin line and dropped her gaze down, '' you should get ready for work now, you don't want to be late for work.''

''wait,'' I must have looked like a lost puppy as I struggled to apologise. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

''are you okay?'' she asked with an eyebrow raised.

''I'm sorry,'' I blurted out,'' I'm sorry you had to deal with me in my drunken state and also sleep on the same bed with me and uhm..erm..thank you,'' I said the last part in a way that seemed like a question.